8

"- Caught you!"

You giggled as you hugged your best friend. She sighed, and hugged you back.

"- (y/n), you are not supposed to hug me, you know?
- Yeah, but I like doing it! And-
- You're gonna have to chase me again., she said, touching your head.
- Wha- Megumiii! You're so mean!, you pouted.
- Ahaha. Sorry, but mercy is out of tag!"

And she started running again. After taking your breath, you started chasing her again.

----------------------------

You sighed, exhausted, and let your head fall on your arms, on your desk. The black haired girl besides you glanced at you with a questioning look, before asking you what was wrong.

"- I stayed up all night to work on my homework, and I'm pretty sure all the answers are wrong.. I'm gonna have a bad grade again, ugh.
- Do you wanna copy?
- Are you serious?!
- Yes. You can copy my homework, but not everything, or you'll get caught.
- Oh my god Megumi I love you!!"

You had found your smile back, and thanked her a lot of times. She handed you her homework to let you copy it. In the end, you had a high grade.

-----------------------------

"- So? How is it going between Shinogi and you?
- Huh? Megumi, what do you-
- You're telling me you hadn't noticed he liked you? Come on, (y/n), it's obvious!
- I- not obvious for everyone, you know... Plus you know who I like.
- Yes, and he's in prison. Really, (y/n)?..., she sighed, Oh well... I suppose you're like that."

Megumi neatly folded the newspaper in her hands and put it down next to her, before taking a sip out of her coffee cup. You brushed a strand of hair behind your ear, before drinking the last sips of your tea.

-----------------------------

"- .../n)?.. (y/n)? 
- Hm? Ah! Sorry, I'm here.
- Are you okay? You've been staring into space for a while.
- Yeah, don't worry Keiji! Nothing wrong."

You did your best to reassure your now boyfriend, with no success. However, he at least left you. You started climbing the stairs to the fourth floor, before you were Sara, Gin, Keiji and Kanna. Behind you were Reko and Q-taro. You walked silently, the face closed and looking at the ground.

Nobody quite noticed it. I mean, everyone was quite feeling the same, but they also had a hope shining in their hearts. After a while, you eventually arrived at the end of the stairs, arriving in a dark room.

You jumped when a light came, showing a... Coffin? Sara decided to open it, and your eyes widened as you saw who was inside. The real Sou Hiyori. The person Shin took the name of. Alice's victim. She quickly closed it, before a bunch of other coffins appeared and started shaking.

Sara and the others, including you, started looking through the coffins. You opened one, and saw a tall girl, with blond hair and a strand of hair defying gravity. You closed the coffin back, and everyone's attention gathered on Hiyori's coffin again. As Sara opened it again, a hand got out of it, almost grabbing her neck as she stepped away to avoid it.

Suddenly, all the people in the coffins were standing in front of you. Sara still had her hand to her neck, still scared from what happened. The green haired man was smiling innocently, but his eyes were glaring into your souls. 

The girl from earlier had red eyes, and you kinda wondered what had happened to her to end up like this. Hiyori introduced himself, and Sara named him Midori. Though you didn't complain, you would've personnally named him 'green bastard'.

He explained to you that he was the floor master, that you had to kill him, and all the dummies stuff. As you glanced at the dummies, a part of you hoped that you'd see Megumi between them. But sadly, you didn't. You quickly understood why when Sara interrogated them. 

Suddenly, your collar started shining red, and a string got out from it, directly going to the girl from earlier's. As you stepped closer to her, she gave you a smile and handed her hand for you to shake. 

"- Hi! Looks like we're gonna be partners, huh? I'm Sachiko Tamura!
- (y/n) (l/n), nice to meet you Sachiko."

You shook her hand with a small smile. How could people be that smiling in front of strangers? You'd never known. You listened to the others dummies' introductions. So, if you didn't mishear anyone: Mai Tsurugi, Ranmaru Kageyama, Hinako Mishuku, Kurumada Naomichi, Shunsuke Hayasaka, and Anzu Kinashi. 

As soon as Midori left, you heard a weird noise which surprised you all. Suddenly, a monster appeared, and attacked you. It took you a while to find how to beat it, and you managed to make it run away right before Anzu got killed. 

Even though you didn't do much, you were out of breath, mostly from the fear. You stood next to Keiji, who wrapped his arm around you soothingly. You, and the rest of the group, proceeded to walk  into the back of where you were standing. You found a closed door, but there was also a map of the floor. 

Sara took it and decided to walk to the left, leading to a red door, also closed. The sign next to it suggested that it was a bathroom. Not seeing much to do, you walked to the bottom, leading to a room with a lot of white lockers. You only spent a few minutes there, as you didn't find anything.

Then after, you arrived to a place where two elevators were. You tried using them, with no success; they were shut off. Then, you arrived in what seemed to be an art gallery. There were a few normal paintings, but mostly paintings of deaths. Keiji made Sara look away from Joe's. You, you were standing there, staring at a painting of a person you oh so well knew. Megumi.

"Aaaw, you're suffering. You hypocrite."

"W-What?! You a-again?... Leave me alone, you're not Me- Megu- her."

"Huh. I am. You didn't care about me until you learnt I died, you fake friend. See, you can't even say my name!"

"Leave me alone! You're not her! She wouldn't be mad, I know it! Leave me alone..."

"How do you know that? You didn't care about me, hypocrite. Hypocrite, hypocrite, hypocrite, hypocrite, hy-"

"- (y/n)?
- Aah!- ah, Sachiko! Sorry, I was in my thoughts.
- You looked quite troubled. You okay?
- Yeah, yeah, sorry for worrying you.
- Should I call your boyfriend?
- Yes, p- wait, how did you-
- It's quite obvious, haha!"

She said, laughing before calling Keiji. You felt your cheeks heat up. He walked towards you and looked up to see the painting, and patted your head, urging you to walk away. You nodded and looked at Midori's painting.

Suddenly, the painting.. moved? Okay, you'd seen quite a few weird things, but that was more than weird. It started speaking, surprising everyone in the room. You didn't catch much about what it said, but you understood that it spoke about your goal of killing Midori.

You sighed, and walked to the boxing ring, followed by the others and the dummies.

***

Oh hey guys!

I hope you're all doing good! I'm personnally fine, because yesterday I had a date with my crush and. y e s.

A little auto-ad, hope you don't mind- I have an YTTD OS book, where you can request! I'm also gonna make a book for my OC, so keep alerted for it!

ALSO!

This book is gonna be on hiatus in a few chapters. Why? Because, as I explained on my profile, I want to keep it as canon as possible, so when I reach the end of chapter 1-A, I'll stop writing until I play section B.

But that's not for rn, so you'll still get to enjoy a chapter or two!

Finally, I'd like to thank yall for the 1.5K reads, this story is now the first on the Keiji Shinogi tag, and I'm very happy!

Ahaha, bye!