10

As you and Sachiko were talking about your life, the others came to the library. They explained to you that there probably was a hidden room accessible from the library.

You nodded and got up, and followed Sara. You arrived in a small room, though everyone could fit in, with a lot of monitors and computers around.

There was a collar on the table, that Keiji took. Sara touched the computers a little bit, and one of them suddenly lit up, showing a picture of... Sou??... Or rather, Shin Tsukimi.

The AI (you assumed it was one) started talking.

"- U-Uhm?... Hello?..
- Are you...
- S-Sou?...
- Kanna, stay back., you blocked her with your arm.
- Sou?... Err, no, I-I'm Shin Tsukimi.. Nice to meet you.
- Hm.. Do you perhaps know anything about the death game?
- Death game?.. What's that? It sounds dangerous..
- Hm, perhaps it's an AI from before the death game?, Shunsuke suggested.
- That would make sense... So we're talking to Sou before he even changed his identity.
- Doubt he's got any info for us then!"

Sara made her way through the others and looked at the Shin AI's eyes.

"- Do you know anything about Midori?... Err, or should I say, Sou?
- Hiyori? Are you acquaintances with him?
- Kind of. He's giving us a real hard time right now.
- He's a... Scary friend of mine. I met him in high school, and we started talking... But he was making me feel anxious, nervous and scared, and he seemed to enjoy seeing me like that. I only found out later that he wasn't even a student at my school."

You shivered. Midori truly was scary. Glancing around, everyone seemed as surprised as you. And just as the AI was about to say more...

"- My, my, what are you doing there?
- A-Ah!
- Why are you on? You know you shouldn't, right?
- Sorry-, the Shin AI turned off.
- Midori.
- This is an invasion of privacy! My... Keiji, would you give me my collar back?
- How about no? We might need it to study how to remove ours.
- Oh well, keep it if you want, haha!"

You stepped back slightly, to stay the furthest possible from Midori.

"- I have an idea! How about we play tag?
- Tag?..
- 'Tis a serious situation! It's no time to play tag!
- Oh, but I am totally serious. It's either that, or you kill me. So?
- Do we really have a choice?
- 'It' will have their collar shine red! Any physical contact makes the touched person 'it'!"

Everyone's gazes looked around the room, when a collar started shining bright red. Sara. Of course. She took a step away from everyone. And suddenly... Midori vanished. When you looked back, he was not here anymore. You let out a sigh, and turned to look at Keiji.

"- So we're back at it again?
- Yep. Didn't learn much from that AI, but well."

The group walked out again in the library. You immediately covered your ears, due to the ringings hurting you. Everyone did the same.

"- Ugh! What's that-
- G-Guys... Behind you-
- Hm? Wh- oH-"

You jumped out of the way, dodging a book trying to... Bite you?... Okay sure I guess. You all gathered in a group, guessing these were probably other Obstructors. Q-taro threw a punch at the book floating. Sara found an alarm ring in the shelves, on which Hinako stepped to destroy it.

Looking through the shelves again, you found a phone ringing. You handed it to Ranmaru, who also stepped on it. More books were appearing, seemingly chasing Shunsuke. Keiji motioned to everyone to stay quiet, which you did. After a few seconds, the books were back to their shelves.

"- ....
- What the hell just happened?
- Good question, meow... That was weird, woof!"

You let out a sigh of relief. The group walked out, going back to the cemetary on the fourth floor. Suddenly, you asked Sara to give you the map of the floors. She gave it to you, careful not to touch you. After looking at them, you came to a realization: a room was missing from the fifth floor's map.

"- What's wrong, (y/n)?
- There's probably a room on the fifth floor where we haven't been.
- Huh? But there's not any place on the map we haven't-
- No, (y/n) is right!, interrupted Sara, There isn't any room in the middle of the fifth floor map, yet it would be logical, considering the laying is the same as in the fourth floor."

So you were back to the fifth floor. Following the layout of the fourth floor, you placed the books all of you had picked up before in their respective shelves, and stairs appeared. Then the rest of the group and you climbed the stairs.

You arrived in a sort of arena, with, standing in the middle, Midori. He smiled when seeing the group, a smile that made you sick. You didn't really understand what was being said, but what you did understand, was that Q-taro and Mai were not present.

Everyone rushed back to Midori's monitor room, only to see Q-taro getting stabbed by his dummy. You ran to the cemetary again, finding a knocked out Mai and an out of breath Q-taro.

"- Q-taro! Are you okay?
- Yeah... I'm fine.
- This idiot... Getting killed before-
- I ain't killed her! Just knocked her out a li'l."

The dummies explained to you what their true purpose was, but Q-taro managed to motivate them again. Until.. Midori appeared again. He started taunting your group, effectively angering Keiji. Next thing you can see, Keiji with his collar shining bright red, in front of Midori, who's handing him a gun.

And then... you were back at the odd memories. Keiji shooting his idol, and Megumi covering it up. Wait... You. You heard about that before. Definitely. There was no mistake, you heard this story before. 

But before you could do anything, Keiji was raging, ready to beat the hell out of Midori. You could only stand away, struck by your hallucinations.

"So you're reaaally letting your boyfriend die? After letting me die already? What an awful person."

(Shut up- Keiji is not going to die, aaah... He's.. Stronger than this bastard.)

"But in the end you're not doing anything, huh. Still pathetic."

(Leave me alone, will you?.. You're.. Annoying..)

"I knew iiit. You hate me, you're awful, an awful hypocrite, for faking being my best friend when you actually hate me."

(YOU'RE NOT MEGUMI!)

"YES I AM-"

"- (y/n), please!
- Huh?.. Sara?
- We need your help as well... Please!
- .. Y-Yes, of course.. Sorry."

You looked up and saw Keiji and Midori fighting. You desesperately tried to calm the policeman down, with no success. The fight seemed to be going on for an eternity, until Midori pushed Keiji into a coffin, closing it, as you let out a yell.

You rushed over to the coffin, trying to open it, failing. Sara helped you, but even with everyone's help, the coffin wouldn't budge. The green haired doll approached the high school student, handing her a paper.

"- Hey miss Sara, if you sign this, the policeman will get to live."

***

OMG

ITS FINALLY DONE

IM SOOOO SORRY FOR THE WAIT, MY MOTIVATION TO WRITE HAS BEEN SOOOO LOW-

Other than that, it's here that we say goodbye to each other. It has been 10 wonderful chapters with yall, see you again on this fic when chapter 3-1B comes out!

While waiting, you could check out my YTTD OS book!

I loved writing this fic, I'm so glad I managed to make all you readers happy. Every vote, every single comment, message, notification, made me happy. So truly, thanks to all you wonderful readers. I hope you'll still be there when the next part comes out.

Goodbye,

Lucie.