3

You snapped out of your trance when feeling a hand on your head. You kinda guessed it was Keiji, but still checked. He looked at you with a serious look, and you glanced around the room. Some people had left, looking for Nao. You looked at the exit, and then back at Keiji.

"- I'm guessing we should get going?, you asked.
- Yep., Keiji said, stretching. Unless you're not feeling like it.
- Ah, no, don't worry!"

You shook your hands to express your agreement. Keiji smirked, and gently patted your head. Your felt your cheeks heat up, and tried to hide your blush ; not seeing any reaction from the male, you assumed you succeeded. Both of you then left, and went to look for the artist. 

You spent 5 good minutes looking everywhere, without finding her. Eventually, you and Keiji went to explore the second floor too, still not any trace of Nao. The two of you were sitting in the cafeteria, casually chatting, when Joe called the two of you. You went to a hidden room, and found Sou passed out.

You immediatly ran to Sou's side, trying to find a way to wake him up. Joe was gathering the people, and Keiji was investigating the room. Sara, her, had left god knows where. After a few minutes, Sara came back, and restarted looking for Nao. Sou had woken up. And a strange guy came. He was dressed like a prisoner, and had dyed hair. In the mere space of a few minutes, Keiji had the man tied up.

Finally, after again a while, Sara had come with Nao, in the bar, where you all were gathered. She started questioning the man: Gonbee Yamada, apparently. But you knew him. Oh god you did. His name was Alice Yabusame, and even though you didn't really know why he hid his real identity, you didn't say anything. At least, not yet. 

After the questioning, Sara judged the man safe, and asked Keiji to remove the handcuffs. After that, you introduced yourselves one after another.

"- I'm (y/n) (l/n)! Call me (y/n).
- Heh. Nice to meet you, (y/n)."

You smiled at 'Gonbee'. He didn't seem like he recognized you, or at least he didn't let it appear. As everyone agreed to get out and relax a bit, you asked 'Gonbee' if you could talk in private with him. He agreed, and after everyone left, you took him aside. Checking around to make sure nobody heard (especiallt not a certain policeman...), you looked back at him and started speaking.

"- Hey-uh, Alice? Do you remember me?
- (y/n), huh? 'Course I do. ...I missed you.
- Me too."

You awkwardly hugged him, a smile on both of your faces. The truth is, Alice used to be your boyfriend before he got into jail. Staying in a relationship would have proven to be difficult, especially with his mental state back then, but he still was an important person for you. And even if you were still dating, you wouldn't be affectionate in front of the others ; just because you wouldn't be comfortable.

You smiled at him and left the bar. After that, you decided you'd go chill a bit in the cafeteria, and got there. You were humming a song, and vibing, before someone sat next to you, inching towards you.

"- What's bringing you here, Shinogi?
- I was just feeling like seeing the cutest person here, is that so wrong?"

You turned red at that compliment. This stupid policeman was definitely flirting with you, and it wasn't even disturbing you. He winked at you again, with a smirk. You hid your face in your hands, as he chuckled slightly.

"- Anyways, can we talk seriously, (y/n)?
- Uh, sure?
- I recall you seem to know someone named Megumi. Could I ask who they were?
- Oh, uh, Megumi Sasahara, she's my best and childhood friend! She's also a policewoman since, uh, a few years now?
- So I was right, we know the same Megumi.
- What- you know her?
- Actually, yes, she was my coworker."

Your eyes widened and your mouth opened in surprise. Suddenly, your memories cleared up, and you recalled the old Keiji Shinogi, the police officer with who you hung out often, with black hair and very serious.

"- ... When did you dye your hair?
- So you remember me now, huh? I did it a few months ago.
- So it's normal I didn't recognize you. Jeez, you could've told me it was you!
- And when was I supposed to do that, exactly?"

You giggled. He was kinda right.

"- Where's Megumi? Shouldn't she be there?
- ... That's a long story. I can't tell you now.
- Did she.. Die?
- Like I said, I can't tell you now. Maybe later, heh."

He got up and started walking away.

"- Don't leave me hanging like that, Shinogi!"

He turned to glance at you, smiling.

"- Why don't you just call me Keiji? Since we're friends, ya know."

That was the last thing he said before leaving. You sighed, exasperated. You truly hated being left without an answer, but you couldn't really blame him. He either couldn't handle what happened himself, or didn't want to make you sad, and that's understandable. Even though you could support it, you were not that weak. 

After that, you made your way to the second floor. You had seen a public bath, and wanted to see if you could use it. As soon as you entered, the lights went off. You swore under your breath and began looking for a switch. Suddenly, you saw something shining on the floor. You picked it up. The back of the card had a creepy message on it, about death and such, and the other side.... It was written "Commoner". You assumed it was good, and put it in your pocket.

After a minute, the lights got back on, and you smiled. After looking in the bath, it seemed you couldn't really activate it, and you were disappointed. What's the point of having a bath, if you can't take a bath? You sighed, and walked out.

Now, you were wondering where to go. You started to become hungry, but there wasn't any food, even though there was a kitchen and a cafeteria, the logic is gone. Well, you decided you'd just stay in the bar, without doing anything.

***

Hey guys! It's me again!
I hope you like this chapter, hehe! I maybe am going too fast in reader and Keiji's relationship-

How do you handle quarantine? Here in France, we're not allowed to go outside unless filling a form with a reason to go out.

Welp. I love Alice too, not as much as I love Keiji and Ranmaru, but still-
I swear this is a Keiji x reader dw-

So yeah, see ya next time!