7

You walked to your desk in the main game room. To anyone looking at you, you looked calm and unbothered, but you definitely weren't. Your mind was filled with panic and negative thoughts, and you couldn't help but be scared for your life. But you couldn't let these thoughts turn you into a selfish person.

Shaking your head, you tried to concentrate on the main game. Card trades. You already feel a headache coming up. You try to keep up, without success, as you get lost in a few minutes trying to keep up with the others' plottings. Though what you managed to understand were the roles everyone ended up with. Keiji had the Keymaster, Nao had the Sacrifice, and Q-taro had the Sage. At least no one would want to vote for Keiji, right?

Along with all that, Sara proved Gashu's rule violation, and threatened him with an execution. Her threats, however, weren't acknowledged as he shot himself. You were quite shaken up, and didn't dare speaking up. You shot a glance at Gin and Kanna, trying to reassure them. Finally, the roster had been spoken about. You could finally understand more what was happening, as the others were speculating about all this participant and candidate mess.

Suddenly, Sou had screamed to get everyone's attention. As you carefully listened, he explained the truth about... Himself. His true identity, his First Trial, why he had to abandon himself, and all that stuff. It was... a big revelation. You weren't sure if you could blame him, after all, you might have gone down the same path, had you been in his place.

But then after that, Keiji, Kanna and Sou - or rather, Shin - started asking to be voted for. Nao would vote for herself twice, Q-taro and Gin voted for Kanna, and Keiji and Reko voted for Shin. Only you and Sara were left to vote. The votes were tied.

You glanced at the high schooler, who seemed to be struggling to make the choice. As the older one, you decided to approach the girl, and gently smiled at her. 

"- Hey, Sara. Vote for Keiji, I'll cast the decisive vote.
- Huh?.. (y/n), are you sure? I can-
- Trust me. You're just a high schooler, you shouldn't have to do this."

As she looked at you in disbelief, surely a bit of pity, but also relief and gratitude, Sara nodded.

"- Fine."

She said right before clicking on the policeman's icon. You long glanced at the tablet, before looking at Shin. Murmuring an apology, you clicked on his icon. You felt horrible killing him ; after all, he was still your ally and was very obviously the most useful of the pair to your freedom. but you just... Couldn't bring yourself to kill Kanna off. 

Safalin started the artist's execution, in front of Reko's despair, and everyone's wide eyes. A huge guilt started pressing on you, and you wondered for a moment if you maybe should've voted for her. As soon as it was finished, Shin took his collar off. Though, he didn't manage to escape death, and, using his last forces, he ran to the dark hallway, followed by Sara.

You and the others followed them soon after, but arrived a bit late. Sara looked peaceful, and calmer than before. She didn't tell anyone what happened, but you guessed that Shin had done something.

You still had time before leaving the floor, so you decided to go to your room with Keiji. The silence was awkward, and you desesperately tried to find a discussion topic. Thankfully, the policeman found one before you.

"- Hey, you're not mad at me, are you?
- Hm? No, I mean, why would I be?
- Well, err... You know, about what happened in my First Trial.
- Oh, that. It's okay. Like I said, I'm sure you must've had a reason.
- Really? Heh, good then.
- 'Then'? What do-
- I like you, (y/n). No, even more, I love you. I've been wanting to tell you this since a good while, but I never found the moment to."

You blinked at him several times, feeling your face heat up before your eyes widened.

"- Wha wha wha what?! I mean yes I'd argue the kiss was pretty telling but you actually do?! Since when?! And I-
- About the first time I met you. As for the kiss, I.. figured telling it straight up was a better idea, knowing you... Is it not reciprocal?"

The back of his hand subconsciously covered his cheeks as he mentionned your kiss, but you could still see the tip of his ears flushing red.

"- I'm not sure if I'm meant to take that as an insult or not! And, uhm, I mean, I kinda, you know...
- I, in fact, do not know. Please enlighten me, (y/n)., he laughed at your embarassment.
- Argh!! I like you too, okay!! Are you happy?!
- Very, indeed."

You hid your face behind your hands, feeling his arm wrap around you as he brought you closer. He pressed a small kiss to your forehead as you slightly separated your fingers to look at his face.

"- Wanna be my lover?
- ...Sure.
- You make it sound like I'm forcing you here., he chuckled.
- Are you not?, you laughed a bit, leaning closer into him. I'd love to be your lover. Although.. We do have to leave the floor soon.
- Talk about a topic change.
- I'm telling the truth!!"

As you both walked to the lobby, you were soon joined by the others, and Safalin opened the way to the 4th floor. You, and the remaining survivors, walked up those stairs, stronger than you were before.

***

Heeey!

This part is a bit shorter than the others, because I really want to keep a thing I have in mind for the next part!

I hope you like this, hehe!

FINALLY. YOU ARE FINALLY DATING KEIJI. FFS LUCIE WHY DID YOU PUSH THAT MOMENT AWAY SO MUCH.

So yes, this chapter wasn't veeeery sad or anything, quite fluffy lmao.

I feel fluffy today for some reason, the OS I just wrote before this on my YTTD OS book (coming sooooon 👀) is veeery fluffy lmao.

I found a way to make the votes be correct- I'm proud-

Anyways, see yall in the next part!