19

^don't judge my artistic abilities.

Note: the scene below is not really an accurate representation of how PANDAS is confirmed (I didn't want to get into details)

—————Adrien's POV————

"Mari?" I asked over the phone.

"Yeah? Is everything okay?"

"I got the blood test results back. They came in the mail."

"What do they say?"

"I... uh... I don't know."

"Have you checked?"

"Yes, but I don't know what it means. It's says the number 267 on a dotted line, but I don't understand."

"I'll be there soon. In the meantime, call Roe. She'll know what it means."

I thank her, hang up, then call dial Roe's number.

"Hello?"

"Roe! Hi! I got my results back."

"Yay! That was fast. What does it say?"

"There's a number 267 here on the sheet, but it doesn't tell me if I have PANDAS or not."

"What type of test did you take?"

I squint at the top of the page. "An ASO titer test."

"Oh, then 267 is your ASO value. Kids with 200 or higher have PANDAS, so..."

"I have it, then."

"I'm so sorry Adrien..."

"Don't be," I breathe, my voice shaking. "I have an answer now."

—————————Mari's POV——————-

I run to Adrien's house as fast as I can. I know I won't be let in through the front gate, so I transform into Ladybug and swing in through the window. I find Adrien sitting on the couch, staring at the ground. Tears are silently running down his cheeks.

"Oh, honey," I say, and crush him in a hug as I detransform. "It'll be okay. I'm always here for you. Remember that."

"I love you," he mumbles.

I kiss the top of his head. "I love you too, Kitty."

Our embrace gets interrupted by a crash outside. The two of us run to the window and peer out the glass.

"Akuma," I mutter. "You up for this?"

"Of course, M'lady," he replies, a bittersweet smile forming.

We both transform, and slip out through the window. We run through the streets and stop in front of the Eiffel Tower, where the akumatized victim is sitting on the top, shooting throwing stars at everyone. I notice that as soon as a civilian is hit with a star, they freeze in place.

"Okay, Rapunzel, climb down from your tower so we can settle this," I call.

"Actually, I think she's more of an Elsa," Chat says. "Given that she's freezing everyone to solid ice."

I laugh. "Come on, Chaton. Let's go thaw her frozen heart."

—————Roe's POV————-

Ladybug and Chat Noir have been battling Frozen Heart for hours, but they haven't had any luck. I nervously pull at my hair as I watch them dodge the icy throwing stars from my window. The two heroes look tired; I don't know how much longer they can last.

Finally, Ladybug uses her lucky charm. I squint to make out what the object is, but blink in confusion.

"A teapot?" I wonder. "What is she going to do with that?"

Ladybug looks around, but then dashes away. Chat is now fending for himself, but I don't like the idea of that.

I rush downstairs, grab a frying pan from the kitchen, then head out the door.

"Roe?! What are you doing out here?" Chat asks as I run towards him.

"I'm not about to let one of my friends to get hurt!" I say.

Chat pushes me out of the way of a star. "You could get hurt!"

I use my frying pan to deflect another shuriken. "I can defend myself."

"You're not a superhero! You could get badly injured!"

"That's about to change," Ladybug says as she rushes back. "Roe, take this."

She passes me a small black box, so I open it, and a tiny black-and-white animal spirals out.

"Hello, I'm Panns!" The little creature says. "I'm your kwami for today!"

"O-okay, what do I do?"

"Put on your miraculous, and say 'Panns, let's roll!'"

I look at the ribbon in the black box, then take it out and tie it into my hair. I repeat the phrase Pans told me, and look down to see I'm now wearing a black and white super suit, and there's a staff of bamboo in my hand.

"Wait a second..." I say, noticing the animal my suit resembles. "A panda? Really?"

"What, it suits you!"

I sigh, but I don't argue. I'm used to people associating my condition with the animal.

"Your power is Unity. We need it to make this a fair fight."

"Unity?" I repeat.

Immediately, the bamboo starts to shimmer.

"Uh, okay," I say. "Now what?"

"I don't know, throw it or something!" Ladybug suggests.

I shrug and aim the staff at Frozen Heart. I throw it like a spear, and it miraculously hits her right in the gut.

"Come on, let's go!" Chat says, running towards the tower. Ladybug and I follow.

"What's going on with her?" I wonder as I stare at Frozen Heart. She's shimmering, and staring at her hands. "It looks like she's having an existential crisis."

"Your power has the ability to make people see the balance of good and bad," Ladybug explains. "It making her see the difference between right and wrong, but the effects only last for 5 minutes."

"Then we better hurry up!"

We make it to the top of the tower in record time. Chat takes advantage of Frozen Heart's stunned state, and grabs the tiara off her head. He throws it to Ladybug, who breaks it, revealing an akuma. She uses her power to neutralize it, and sends the butterfly on its way.

"Miraculous Ladybug!" She calls out, throwing the teapot into the air. I look around to see civilians unfreeze, and Frozen Heart goes back to her regular self.

Ladybug and Chat prep for a fist bump, but then they motion for me to join them.

"Pound it!"

—————-a/n—————-

Hey friends! Sorry this took so long to update. Let me know what you think!

Also, fun fact, I was originally going to call Roe "y/n" because I couldn't think of a name. However, I'm sure the majority of you likely have never even heard of PANDAS, so I decided it would be better if she were her own character rather than a representation of the reader, so I just chose a random name!

Bye little butterflies! Thanks for reading!