Three - A Mysterious Number

"So who's lucky number three? No answer. I turn around to look at him again. He grins. Now I get it. I tell him - You're stalking me.' 

- Author Cynthia Hand 

Alone in a room with Piper's spirit after her, Janneth tensed

Alone in a room with Piper's spirit after her, Janneth tensed. It was her worst fear since she burned the doll. And now her nemesis is back again to seek revenge!

Looking at every corner for where a faint, intoxicating scent lingered, Janneth bravely spoke up.

"Why ... Why are you here Piper? Are you here to torture me again like you did with all those people, the students and I found in the wax museum?"

Silence. Only the sound of silence was heard.

But in truth, Piper was in deep thought.

Her departed spirit knew where she belonged, but the girl who once was a doll with a sewn mouth couldn't last there, as it was a place that was too hot with demonic beings with crooked minds like hers. No, what Piper wanted was to go back to Earth and to continue 'playing' with Janneth and avenge those who would harm her. It's something Prue would have wanted if she didn't die in Jasmine Elizabeth's body! But truth be told, Prue lived through three generations, and so it was her time to perish like any other human being.

Three ... the number three was the magic number. An odd numerical where if the numbers were right, something bad would happen as if Prue took the third light, that is, took many turns to light a cigarette from the same match, and soon she exploded!

No more lives!

Yet, the vengeance of the Callis family must continue, no matter what. If Prue only took the body of a cat she would have lived nine lives, but alas that was not what happened.

She was just any ordinary doll that was bought when Janneth was young. Of course, a doll doesn't have feelings but when some sort of magic comes upon her, the doll comes alive!

And that is when Piper simmered down to the present. She had work to do.

 She had work to do

"No!"

"No!"

The screechy voice nearly scared Janneth off the futon. She trembled just hearing the voice she once knew as a young adult, who followed her everywhere. But soon a click of the doorknob turning hushed the voice.

The door opened in the nick of time as Nolan showed up with one of the dolls without a face.

"I'm back Piper, with one of the figurines you mentioned. I hope you did not torment Ms. Hudson, while I was gone."

Nolan's voice went back to normal as earlier he sounded like a robot who easily was tricked to do his job.

Janneth was relieved to see the doctor and let go of the butterflies inside of her stomach. She needed to see Piper in a doll's body, so she could also confront the spirit. She needed a better plan to get rid of her once and for all, possibly even lock her in a closet where Piper couldn't escape as what illusionist Harry Houdini did. 

However, she knew the spirit might be too clever to escape that. So that plan might falter.

Thank you, Doctor. It's just what I needed as all this flying around is giving me a headache.

The voice was audible near the bookcase, so Nolan decided to put the doll there.

Soon a bright light shone as the transition from an invisible orb to a fixated satirical doll evolved before Janneth and Nolan's eyes.

With a more cherubic, angelic look, Piper's innocent face looked like any other 'human-like' person. But don't let looks fool you.

The mouth of the doll wasn't seen, yet a voice was heard.

Now, Janey, care to tell the Doctor who Tabitha is and how that little witch nearly ruined me?

The doll's arm moved towards the chin as if Piper was facepalming.