Someone's Watching You

"It's not a matter of whether or not someone's watching over you. It's just a question of their intentions."
- Randy K. Milholland

Pleased with what Janneth had to say to Dr

Pleased with what Janneth had to say to Dr. Everett, Piper's hands clapped with delight, even though it agitated her audience. In fact, the once blue dress of the raggedy doll had now turned to slight orange, indicating a sort of enthusiasm she gained. 

The spirit did this to the poor doll, who probably would be exhausted if it were alive. But Piper's eagerness was a warning sign as if it were the color red.

An omen that meant not all was safe in the doctor's office.

Janneth sighed, as she couldn't do anything if her therapist had a camera hidden in the bookcase. For all, she knew it could have been a tape recorder or a video camera hidden in there, and that could have been worse as she didn't want her privacy exposed to the public.

"Janneth are you alright? You stopped talking for a bit, so I thought you might need to take a breather."

Nolan hoped that his client wasn't bailing out on him, but he had to respect her wishes. He felt guilty enough that he didn't tell her how he wanted to get a shot of Piper as his camera was one of a kind that automatically flashed if something moved in front of it.

Janneth nodded reassuring Nolan that she could handle this situation on her own. That is if he wouldn't turn out to be one of those people who would put her down in that insane category.

"No, I'm fine Doctor, I'll continue. Just a little shaky as Piper distracted me. That camera also bothers me. Why do you have it?"

Nolan had to confess to her his plans as he knew she caught him red-handed. He didn't want to remove it, but if that's what Janneth wanted, he'd do it.

"Janneth, I'm sorry that I didn't let you know about it before our session started, but I wanted proof that Piper existed. I need it for my files as I need evidence. I need to prove that I ... a ... we're not going ..."

Janneth abruptly interrupted him, for she had a hunch with what he was going to say.

"Cuckoo. Crazy. Mad? Don't worry Doctor. I've been called all those things because no one actually hears Piper except for me."

Janneth was about to cry but held back her tears. No one seemed to appreciate her, even her own social worker, Joanne, didn't appear to be helpful. And now to add to her dismay, Dr. Everett might also be making fun of her.

"That's not what I meant Janneth. I mean okay I'll admit my choice of words was among those you mentioned, but my intentions are not to degrade you. I'm just curious about this case and hope you can understand that.  And I can also hear Piper, so you're not alone."

Hearing those words made her feel better and Janneth forced herself to grin, to thank the doctor for his honesty.

"No, doctor. Don't remove it. The town ... no ... let's make it the world needs to see Piper, as that's  what I think she wants."

And as she finished her last sentence, the mysterious voice in the background sounded.

"INDEED!"

And out of nowhere, fireworks began to pop!

FLASH!

And that's when the bright light of a camera decided to function.