David

The harder the conflict, the greater the triumph. - George Washington

A distinguished gentleman wearing formal attire, a navy blue blazer with gray slacks, surprised Joanne in the cafeteria

A distinguished gentleman wearing formal attire, a navy blue blazer with gray slacks, surprised Joanne in the cafeteria. He was happy to finally meet her again since the two have been playing games such as 'hide and seek' since the divorce. For months he tried calling her only to get a dead signal in return. He contacted his children to find their mother's whereabouts but the answer was always the same ... "I don't know."

Joanne instructed her two sons never to tell their father where she was for she didn't have the patience to face him again. But now that trust was broken, as David found her.

Despite his receding hairline, David was still the man Joanne loved to hate. Secretly she loved the way he looked at her despite the fact that his curly hair was about to fade, as his hair type was unruly and hard to tame most of the time. So David opted to leave it be. If his hair would soon fall out and go bald, he would just have to accept it.

She allowed him to step closer to her, and he risked it all to kiss her cheek. It made Joanne blush, as it appeared that there was always a connection between the two, a sort of tenderness she kept for him despite her fury.

Joanne fell for his charms long ago but quickly reminded herself that she was not going to be his easy prey. She remembered what he did to her a couple of years ago. A tragedy that led them to divorce.

The affair with his young secretary, Bianca, the bitter arguments, and having her adult children witness their constant feuds came back to haunt her. Thus, feeling all that pain made her miserable again.

She briefly closed her eyes and allowed him to talk.

"I missed you, darling. You still look lovely, Jo."

David wanted to hug her but hesitated with that thought as he noticed how she stood. Her arms were crossed hinting to him that she didn't want him there. But he didn't want to walk out of the room just because her body language told him too.

No, he wanted to stay because he wanted to have a decent conversation with her. Since they were out in the public, he knew his ex wouldn't yell at him.

Yet he prayed that she wouldn't make a scene.

"You do remember I work here, right? Nolan told me you'd be here on Tuesdays and Thursdays with your new client."

Of course, that doctor could never keep his mouth shut. She smirked with that idea lingering in her head and tried to keep calm.

"How convenient, David. And it's nice to see you again. Yes, I'm here with Janneth Hudson. I'm sure you might be familiar with her case. How's Bi ... I mean Bianca?"Joanne had the word 'bimbo' forged in her mind but quickly switched it to her rival's name.

"I fired her Jo, caught her cheating too. And she was absent all the time when I needed help. So I hired another person, Lloyd, a loyal secretary who seems to be enjoying his work."

"Well now, what goes around comes around, doesn't it David? Bet you finally know how I felt when you left me for Barbie."

"Her name is Bianca."

"Does it make any difference what her name is? For all, I know she could have shared the name of a female cat."

David chuckled. Joanne's response was something he'd expect. After all, he was once married this hysterical woman.

"Joanna, honey, please don't lose your temper here."

Trying not to lose her cool, she wanted to end this conversation as soon as possible.

"Who said I'm losing my temper, David? And you lost the right to call me honey once you slept with that tramp!"

She looked at her wristwatch to see what time it was, for she knew that she had to be back to Dr. Everett's office in the short amount of time. And sure enough, she  had to walk back to that room as time was ticking away.

"I'd love to stay and chat David, but I'll be needed soon. Time is precious Davy. So got to go. Ta ta for now!"

And as Joanne left, David grinned knowing that his ex might give him a second chance.