Angel of Mercy

"Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith." - Steve Jobs

"Okay class, don't forget your homework is due this Friday

"Okay class, don't forget your homework is due this Friday. I'll see you all tomorrow."

Once the school bell rang, Janneth Hudson slouched against the wall as she erased the blackboard. She was relieved her class was over. She tried to smile as she waved goodbye to each student, but hid her deep emotions within.

She loved teaching, but sometimes her students could be a little overwhelming.

Catching them passing notes amongst each other, talking to other students while she was lecturing, and even one hid a tablet under her desk without her knowledge were just some of the things Janneth endured during classes.

Being a middle school teacher didn't always have its perks, but knowing that her students were learning something under her supervision made her happy. She wasn't afraid to get on their level to help them out.  

She was passionate in helping people any way she could. It was as if Janneth was cut out to be a teacher for she was naturally witty.

But since Piper showed up in her life, things took a turn for the worst, and Janneth wasn't the same person anymore. She became frantic at times, watching to see if any disturbance would occur, causing her students to dislike her.

And today, one important detail remained in her mind and that was about Tabitha and her friends. 

She waited for Tabitha to show up to explain what was going on. Janneth tried to even figure out why the girl attempted to show up. And why were James, Astrid and Hansel involved in her schemes? Those students could've refused to follow Tabitha. 

And then an idea popped in her head. Could Tabitha have put a spell on them? Or bribed the three so they could have some kind of adventure? At their age, those preteens  were gullible as if they took a piece of candy from a stranger.

What Janneth understood was that Tabitha wanted to catch Piper's spirit and kill her, but was that going to work? 

 She stood up from her seat once the last student left her room and closed the door.

Knock. Knock.

Janneth opened the door to find a nervous girl with shaking hands.

"I'm sorry for being late, Ms. Hudson."

Faint sounds could be heard in the hallway, so Tabitha forced herself inside for she was afraid that she was a target for that retaliation.

"I know Ms. Hudson why they fell. They're after me!"

Confused with what just happened, Janneth asked Tabitha to sit down on a chair.

"Now, please calm down. Tell me what just happened? Who fell? And why are you shaking in fear?"

Following Janneth's directions, Tabitha sat down at the nearest desk.

She explained in summary what had happened, leaving out the fact that she met Piper's spirit and that her next victim might be Nurse Reynolds. Tabitha was afraid that her teacher would go ballistics on her, after seeing the shock upon her face.

"We need to leave now Miss Hudson and take Piper with us! It's our only opportunity before she hunts again!"