𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆: 𝐁𝐓𝐒 - 𝐅𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

• 𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐋𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖 •

Why?

Why Mama had invite him to the cookout. She knows how blunt these folks could be and she still decided that he should come. Yes, there were other white people here, but they weren't his white. He was emo, proper, skinny white, the complete opposite of Uncle Tim for instance. At this point, we don't even count him as white because he was black in the inside and white on the outside.

Plus, this whole cookout was a chance for me to get away from Jax, not be around him. I gave him hundreds of logical reasons as to why he should stay home but he was too stubborn to budge. Let's just hope he gets lost and can't find me.

"What are you thinking about?" Jax asked, snapping me out of my thought.

"You know, the obvious. Wondering why the hell HELL my mom invited you here in the first place." I said giving him a half-assed smile.

"Maybe it's because she loves her son in law," He said placing his hand on my exposed thigh. He had a smug look on his face as he looked down at my heat and back at me.

"Don't brite up ya self." I said taking his hands off of me.

"I don't know what you just said, but it sounded sexy as fuck." He said making me roll my eyes again.

I looked back to make sure Kehlani was sleeping okay. As soon as she gets in the car she falls asleep and doesn't wake back up until she's out the car which I'm greatly thankful for. I turned back around in my seat and rested my head against the window so I could take a nap too.

• 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 •

Turning off the car he just sat there staring at her with an annoyed look."Damn, I thought it was going to be a little get together not the whole neighborhood." Jax said groaning.