☁️When You're Around☁️

"Oi! Deku!" Katsuki shouted past the crowded hallway. Izuku glanced behind him and over the waves of students to see the hot tempered blonde trying to catch up with him. In any other case Izuku would have stopped and waited for his childhood friend, but the hallway was unusually packed today. Izuku was forced to move forward by the sheer willpower of the students trying to get past. "Wait up, nerd!" Katsuki yelled. Izuku tried, but he couldn't, being pulled along with the flow of the hallway. "I can't! I'll see you in class!" Izuku shouted back, hoping that Katsuki wouldn't be angry with him.

After a few minutes of pushing through the hallway, Izuku managed to squeeze out of the crowd and ended up in front of class 1-A. He sighed in relief and opened the classroom door, only seeing a few of his classmates. "Where is everybody?" Izuku asked, only just getting back from lunch. "Most of our classmates have gone outside to watch a sparring match between Mr. Aizawa and Present Mic. Apparently Present Mic challenged him earlier this morning." Tenya stated, adjusting his glasses as the reflected light covered his eyes.

Izuku's eyes lit up at Tenya's statement, bubbling up with excitement at the mention of two pro heroes engaging in combat. He was about to run out of the classroom to join the crowd again when Katsuki stepped into the room, breathing heavily and more pissed off than usual. Izuku froze at his presence and almost felt bad for thinking about leaving Katsuki. But... but pro heroes! he thought, contemplating whether he should join his classmates or stay here with Katsuki. Before he could make a decision, Katsuki grabbed his wrist and pulled him out of the classroom. (The fact that their other classmates saw this as normal and ignored it should have been concerning.)

Katsuki dragged Izuku through the crowded hallway by his wrist, keeping a tight but gentle grip. He didn't want to hurt Izuku. Not right now, at least. "Where are we going Kaachan?" Izuku asked as he desperately tried to keep up with Katsuki.

"You want to see that fight, right?" Katsuki said, already knowing the answer. Izuku's eyes slightly widened at Katsuki, only being able to see the back of his head. Even though Katsuki wasn't even looking at him, he was able to know exactly what he was thinking. The two made their way outside with the rest of the students and found that they weren't able to see anything. There were so many students from each year and course that they couldn't see the two pro heroes who had already begun their sparring match. Izuku was slightly disappointed, but wasn't surprised. He had witnessed several brawls involving pro heroes and villains alike, but he was only able to see about half of them, due to his height and stature.

Izuku turned to Katsuki, about to tell him that they should just leave, when Katsuki suddenly lifted the boy off his feet, adjusting his position so that Izuku was on his back. "Can you see them? What's going on, nerd?" Katsuki asked. Izuku, who could now see the heroes, was more focused on the fact that his legs were now wrapped around his childhood friend. That thought quickly faded as Erasure Head wrapped Present Mic in his scarf, throwing him onto the ground.

"Oh my gosh! I need my notebook!" Izuku stated as he pulled out his conveniently stowed away notebook and mechanical pencil from his jacket. "Wha-? Oi! Deku!" Katsuki tried to get his attention, but the green haired boy was now mumbling as he jotted down notes on both of the pro heroes. In the end, Katsuki settled for Izuku's mumbling, which doubled as a running commentary. After the fight, the two boys made their way back into the school.

"Bakugo. Midoriya. What are you doing?" Aizawa asked, confused about the sight before him. Katsuki had forgotten to put Izuku down and neither of them seemed to mind it. "What the hell do you mean, ya old fart?!" Katsuki shouted bringing even more attention towards the odd pair. Izuku hadn't even noticed that they were moving since he was still lost in his own world and mumbling to himself. Aizawa raised an eyebrow and then shrugged it off, knowing never to question his students strange or disturbing behavior. "Just don't drop him, Bakugo." Aizawa said as he walked towards the classroom.

Although class was about to start, Bakugo had another idea. "Psst! Oi, Deku! Wanna skip class?" Katsuki whisper shouted. Izuku snapped out of his daze and looked down at the back of Katsuki's head. "W-why would we do that? Aren't you the top of our class, Kaachan?" Izuku asked, worry laced in his voice. He remembered all the times that they "skipped class" together in the past. He would most likely end up crying on the ground or passed out from exhaustion. It would be different now that he was learning more about his inherited quirk, but he was still scared that they would get caught fighting again. "Don't forget it, shitty nerd. Kirishima will lend me his notes. Come on, don't be a loser." Katsuki goaded, already walking past the classroom doors and towards a door marked "Emergency Exit/Do Not Enter."

"K-kaachan? What are you doing? We can't go in there!" Izuku tried to stop him, gripping his shoulders tight as his legs tensed around his waist. Katsuki squeezed his thigh lightly, trying to comfort him. "It's fine, Deku. It's just the roof." he said, using his knee to turn the door knob and pushing the door open to reveal a flight of stairs. "We should really go back to class, Kaachan. What if someone catches us?" Izuku asked.

"I've done this a thousand times, shitty Deku. No one's going to catch us." he said, beginning to ascend the stairs. He opened yet another door and revealed the rooftop of the academy. It was fenced off to protect from outside attacks and idiots on the inside. Izuku's eyes widened with wonder as he admired the sky around him, loosening his grip on Katsuki's shoulders. Katsuki smiled, knowing exactly what the shorter boy was thinking. "So you gonna get off me or what, Deku?" Katsuki said, trying to still come off as aggressive. Izuku fumbled and mumbled apologies as he unwrapped his legs, letting Katsuki put him down. Katsuki almost regretted the loss of contact, but he didn't let it show.

"So, why exactly are we up here Kaachan?" Izuku asked, curiosity and small bits of fear overwhelming his thoughts. Katsuki smirked and closed the distance between the two. Deku backed away from him out of habit and soon felt the door against his back. Realizing he was cornered, he started panicking. He hadn't let Katsuki corner him like this since middle school. Katsuki only smirked at him, setting his hand against the door next to his head.

"You nervous, Deku?" Katsuki said, his voice low and husky as the two boys were only inches apart. Izuku started looking for escape routes, his eyes looking everywhere except at the boy in front of him. When he finally concluded that there was no escape, he looked back at Katsuki to see the other boy distracted by something on his face. The boy's eyes were pointed downwards at his mouth. This confused the curly headed boy. He raised a hand to the side of his mouth, wiping it across and looking down to see he didn't have any crumbs. 

Katsuki chuckled at this action, amused that his childhood friend could be this dense. Before Izuku could say another word or ruin the mood once again, Katsuki captured his lips with his own. Izuku's eyes went wide as he felt the other's soft lips against his own, but the butterflies that exploded in his stomach made his body react in a way he didn't expect. He set a hand on the back of Katsuki's neck and began to move his lips along with the other's. Katsuki was surprised but decided not to complain as the two started to move in sink, Katsuki resting his hands on Izuku's waist and Izuku caressing Katsuki's cheeks and neck. 

The two pulled apart and Izuku immediately had a million and one questions, but Katsuki pressed a finger to his lips, knowing that Izuku would find a way to make this completely awkward. "Punishment for leaving me behind after lunch." he said.

"But you never seemed to mi-"

"I just... like having you around, stupid Deku." Katsuki admitted, a pink blush dusting his cheeks. Izuku smiled before pecking Katsuki's lips. "I like you too, Kacchan."