Saving Nobunaga's Life

REI'S POV

"Rei...Rei! wake up!" Rokuro shouted as he patted my face to wake me up.

"Ugh...Rokuro...?"

I groaned a little before sitting up and rubbing my head.

"What happened and...where are we? where the others?" I asked as I looked around and we were inside a temple.

"I don't know, when I came too, they were not with us."

"Dammit, can this night get any worse?"

Just then, the smell of smoke hit our noses and then we both realised this place was on fire.

"Shoot! this temple is on fire!"

"It offically got worse."

I mumbled before I stood up from the ground. Rokuro spotted the woman from before and then he said to me.

"We can't leave her!"

"What?! Rokuro!"

"Boss! I know she's one of the witnesses but, please can't we just-"

"All right! all right! do what you want!"

Rokuro rushed over to the woman and then he picks her up like a bride. We were about to leave until I spotted a man sitting on the floor and then I noticed a silhouette with a sword. I frowned a little and I mumbled.

"Who the hell sleeps through a burning building?!"

I rushed over to the man and then I drew my pistol and I fire it. The bullet shot through the assassin's leg and then I turned to look at the man in the samurai. I wrapped his arm around my shoulders before dragging him out of the burning temple.

ROKURO'S POV

Rei and I got outside and we were lucky. The woman that I helped woke up and she was shocked and scared when she saw me.

"Easy, calm down. I'm not going to hurt you!"

The woman looked a bit calmer before I placed her back down on the ground and she asked me.

"Thanks, who are you?"

"My name is Rokuro and you?"

"Mizusaki Mai and did you say your name was Rokuro? then that means you're-"

"ROKURO!!"

I turned around and I saw Rei dragging a man in samurai armour. 

"Quit making conversations with that woman and get over here and help me!"

"Sorry, Rei!"

I dragged the man in samurai armour away from the burning temple and then we laid him down on the ground. 

"Is he okay?" Mai asked me.

"Hey! wake up!"

Rei shouted before smacking his face.

"Ow!" The man shouted.

"Rei!"

"What? it usually works," Rei said to me while shrugging her shoulders.

The man sat up and he shook his head.

"Who are you people and why did you smack me?" He asked us.

"That temple was on fire and you nearly got yourself killed," I explained to him before helping him up onto his feet.

REI'S POV

The man in the armour looked at the temple and he said to us.

"To think they would manage to kill all the guards and come this close..."