Revelations

He called about a week later. It was Julie who answered the phone, which was laying on Dana's desk while she had stepped out of the room for a minute.

"Hello. Is Dana at home?"

"Depends on who is asking." Julie replied eloquently.

"This is John speaking."

"Ah. Wait a minute. She is just coming through the door." She put her hand over the receiver. "Dana?", she said. "There is a guy on the phone, who has a real sexy voice, and whose name is John."

Dana almost got a heart attack. She had been wondering whether he would be calling at all. Or when. Now that he did, it was a shock.

"Sure!" She swallowed hard, walked over to the phone, and took it. "Hello?!"

"Hello, Dana!" he said. "How are you?"

"Fine."

"I was wondering, what you are doing right now?"

"Homework", she replied.

"I am done for today. Would you like to go for a cup of coffee or something?"

"Yeah, sure. Sounds good."

"Or are you too busy with your homework? I was just wondering, you know."

"No it's okay"

"How long does it take you to get ready?"

"Fife minutes?"

"Oh!" Pause. "How about, I pick you up in thirty in front of your dorm?"

"Do you know where it is?"

"Of course! I did my homework." He was laughing softly.

"Okay", said Dana. "In thirty then."

"Mhhm!" He hung up, so did she. Julie was eyeing her curiously.

"What kind of conversation was that? Did you swallow your tongue or something?"

"No! I just didn't expect him to call."

"Who was he anyway?" Julie started to walk to her closet to get her shoes. She was meeting her study-group at the library.

"This guy I met at Daisy Dukes' the other day..."

"Ahhhh." Julie looked at Dana in curiosity. When her friend did not elaborate on the topic any further, Julie said Goodbye and headed out the door.

Dana got ready herself and left to meet Jonathan. She wondered if he might be afraid of being discovered. But then, the series did not pick up too many viewers, yet.

He was sitting in a dark-blue BMW, the window rolled down. He got out of the car when he saw her coming down the path and waved at her. Boy, Dana thought, he looked really cute!

"Hi!" she said.

"Hi yourself" he said. His eyes were meeting hers and he smiled. He opened the door for her, so she could climb in. "What would you like to do?" he asked when he sat down in the driver's seat and buckled up. She hadn't thought about it up to now, had been way too confused about that he had actually called.

"Do you know McCormick's?" she asked.

"No", was his answer.

"We could have a cup of coffee and go for a walk afterwards!"

"Sounds good to me." He started the car. "You lead the way."

Half an hour later they sat in the café, in front of them two cups of coffee and two slices of pecan-pie. John looked at Dana and smiled, as she stabbed her fork into the deliciously looking cake.

Heartbreak Vacationजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें