chapter 6

"What!!!! What do you mean by they want our baby!!!! Abhay how can you do this???" Pia asked suddenly shocked and alarmed.

Abhay: Relax Pia! I would not let them take our baby away ever!

Pia: But why do they need our baby?

Abhay: Because you are a look alike of Maithili and so only the child produced with your union with a vampire has the powers to defeat Maithili as her powers will have no effect on your child and a vampire father will give the baby power of his/her own to defeat her. I knew nothing about it Pia, trust me. Our superiors too have found this out only recently.

Pia: But how Abhay? If drinking my blood can make Maithili super strong, then why would my baby be immune to her powers?

Abhay: That's what Siddhartha and Maithili had thought Pia. But that does not hold true for Maithili. Yes, a normal vampire would have gained immense powers on drinking it's look-alike's blood. But as superiors recently told me; in order to gain extra powers, Maithili made the mistake of killing the dark witch who brought her back to life and so she has the witches' curse on her. In fact, had she drank your blood, instead of gaining powers, she would have lost all her powers and become a very weak vampire.

Pia: Then why don't the superiors just use me instead of my baby!

Abhay: Shh.. please Pia never say like that. I would never let that happen. Besides our clan too would never approve of making a human the dinner of a vampire deliberately. Our baby would be in no danger from Maithili, that's why they want to train our baby to fight her off and finish her. But they would never ever use you as a bait to kill Maithili, even though they do not mind losing you in our child's birth process! 

Abhay had said the last line in anger. But Pia was still worried for her baby more than herself and said: But I want to give our child a normal happy life Abhay!

Abhay: Don't worry about that! Our child will have a normal happy life Pia! That's why I have put the superiors off us telling them that I am ready to put their plan in action provided I find a white witch first. That should put them off for at least a year or two.

Pia: but what about after that?

Abhay: I am sorry Pia, but sooner or later we will have to prepare our chid for the war. Even if superiors don't take it away from us, but Maithili won't sit quiet. She is sure to come back and create havoc in our life sooner or later. And if Maithili is indeed behind those werewolves, then maybe she already knows about our baby.

Pia shivered at the thought and started crying. Abhay hugged her closely and said: No Pia. Don't cry please. It's not good for our baby. And I promise I won't let anyone or anything harm you or our baby. Trust me Pia.

Pia: of course I trust you Abhay. But does that mean that we really would have to train our baby to fight from a young age?

Abhay: I am afraid yes Pia. That's the price one has to pay for this dark life. But I will still try to give our child as normal and happy life as can. He/She does not have to train 24x7 Pia. And being half me, his/her brain will be extra sharp and will not have to spend much time in revising normal school education.

Abhay said the last line with a wink and a fake haughtiness and Pia could not help but laugh at his playfulness. She pulled his cute dimpled cheeks and cuddled closer to him to seek reassurance for her baby. She knew if she had her way, she would call out to Maithili and let her drink her blood to weaken her. But she knew that she can't even do that right now. Her baby needs her and even afterwards, she knew that Abhay will never be able to live without her and the idea of leaving her baby orphaned was not at all acceptable to her. And so she was helpless in this regard. She knew that her baby needed both parents to look after and to help him/her grow into a lovable, happy person.