chapter 9

Time was running out of their hands and Abhay was desperate to find Maya as soon as possible. But he had no clue as to where he can find her. In his desperation he called up his Dad to discuss the situation with him. He informed Chand that how Maithili had beaten them in finding the white witch and that how she had kidnapped her. He also informed that the white witch was none other than their college friend Maya. He was confused about why Maithili had kidnapped Maya and what could be her motive behind it. But what Chand told him shocked him to such an extent that he was frozen then and there like a statue. Pia woke up and saw Abhay standing in absolute shock holding the phone in his hands. She got confused and tried to shake out of his shock, but Abhay remained unshaken. She hesitantly took the phone in her hands and said "Hello."

Chand spoke on the other hand, "Pia, What happened, Where is Abhay?"

Pia: He is standing here but is frozen in shock. What happened Dad?

Chand: I told him the most probable Maithili's motive in kidnapping Maya. And that must have left him in shock.

Pia: But what is it Dad?

Chand: Abhay will tell you himself Pia. But please listen and try to understand that we have very little time to find Maya. Maithili's powers make her untraceable, but we can trace out Maya. The vampire council does have someone talented enough to trace out a white witch if he has smelled her aura once. But to trace her out, he would first need to visit the place from where she disappeared. And that would mean exposing your truth to the superiors. Think about it Pia. The odds are highly against us. And right now, our priority is survival. We can not think of comfort and luxuries right now. Superiors need your baby to defeat Maithili, and so they will do everything possible to bring it safely to the world even if it means helping out a human too. Because if I am correct about Maithili's intentions, then we only have 10 days left to find out Maya. Because if we are unable to find her before the next full moon night, then everything will be finished and Maithili will become invincible and even your child will not be able to defeat her. So think about what you want, your child alive and a powerful fighter or your child dead because you refused to give him training to defend himself in the name of giving a normal life to him.

Pia: But Dad...

Chand: I need to disconnect Pia. The council members are calling us for a meeting. Talk to Abhay and take a decision soon.

Chand disconnected the call and Pia shifter her attention back to Abhay who was still frozen in shock. She shook him vigorously and shouted to bring him out of his shock, "Abhay, Abhay! What's wrong?? Tell me, what did Dad say?? What is Maithili planning? Tell me Abhay! Why did Dad say that our baby's life is in danger? Speak up Abhay! Your silence is killing me!"

Abhay finally got out of his reverie and embraced Pia tightly scaring her further. Abhay was hugging Pia so tightly as if she would disappear the moment he lightens his hold. And Pia was scared with this sudden onslaught of emotions from Abhay. She did not know how to respond to such an emotional and scared Abhay. She had mastered how to tackle the rude and arrogant Abhay but fear was one word she had never even dreamt of ever associating with Abhay. But here he was hugging her with fear clearly written in his eyes. Fear of losing her, fear of losing everything. Whenever she had been any pain, emotional or physical, Abhay has always been there for him, standing besides her as her biggest support, wiping away her tears and giving her hope and courage. But right now, he himself was feeling without any hope. He needed someone to take away his pain and give him hope and courage just like he had always done. As this realization dawned on her, Pia quickly wiped away her anger and embraced Abhay with open arms and caressed his hair from back consoling him and re-assuring him. She tried to soothe him and said: Abhay, nothing will happen to me or our baby. We will find Maya soon Abhay, no matter whose help we have to take. But, nothing is more important to me than being with you and our baby. I promise Abhay I won't let anything happen to myself or our baby. We will always be together be it sad times, tough times or happy times, but we will be together and face all the dangers together Abhay.