Chapter 5

Hello, Neanai here. This chapter is the last one written by theygone. The only things I change in these chapters is mild grammar or spelling issues. I might also break up really long paragraphs to make it easier to read. If you like it, please vote! The chapters after this one are all mine.

I also wanted to say that I have already planned on when in the timeline to end this particular story. After it ends, I'll be making an epilogue that is sorta like "a few years later" kind of deal. It's up to you guys if you want it to be a fluffy epilogue or not (I don't mind making something a bit more steamy). Also, I will be posting something in June for Pride month, so it won't be marked as complete until then.

Also, I'm working on another Naruto Time Travel fanfiction, so after this one is completed (after I post the epilogue), I'll be posting that one. That one is going to be more mature than this one and probably will be more in line with my writing style than this one. Okay enough talking, enjoy the next chapter! 

"Oh, monsters are scared," said Lettie. "That's why they're monsters." -- Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Chapter Five:

"Do you have any hobbies besides porn?" Sakura asks, annoyed as Kakashi talks to them over top of his ever so precious Icha Icha. The female leans her chin into the palm of her hands effectively smearing dirt across her pale cheeks.

Kakashi smiles. "I have some hobbies," he drawls in a tone that he knows pisses off his Genin team.

"Like what?" Naruto mumbles into his knees. "Playing mind games with us?"

After they had all managed to finish the tree-climbing exercise, Kakashi had thrown them into a lake the very next day. "Be cute little Gaki and get this over and done with!" And after they finished that, Kakashi had made them sit down and talk. Like actual, normal, human beings. They were doing this after every mission.

They were even doing it right now.

Kakashi was calling it Team Bonding. Sasuke was calling it A Waste of Time.

Sasuke gives Kakashi a flat, unblinking stare. Kakashi matches it with his own.

"I rescue cute puppies," Kakashi says after a minute of silence. The sun is high up in the sky and there's barely a cloud formed over the endless vast of blue. The sun shines onto his silver hair. It wasn't a lie, but Sakura and Sasuke look at him with flat looks like they don't trust him at all. Naruto, on the other hand, gazes at him almost fondly. "I also have an eternal rival who always forces me into weird challenges. He wears green spandex and has a bowl cut."

"That's it," Sakura says, "I call bullshit."

"Neither of those sounds like the truth," Sasuke points out, scowling.

Kakashi smiles under his mask. If only they knew.

"Well, maybe the puppies," Naruto mumbles into his knees. "I mean, Kakashi-sensei can't be that heartless."

Kakashi places a hand above his beating heart. He definitely has one. "Maa, I can't believe you don't trust me," He acts wounded.

Sakura rolls her green eyes. "Sensei, you threw us into a lake, you're always late, your excuses keep getting lamer and you never teach us anything good. I can only wonder why we don't trust you."

Naruto snorts and shifts into a different sitting position. He crosses his legs over each other and hugs his arms around his stomach. After punching Sasuke and breaking his nose, Sakura was quick to call Kakashi out on his bullshit. Naruto was so proud of her.