Chapter 12

Guess who finished the epilogue sooner than they expected ^-^;

Warning: Slight description of torture. That isn't my thing, but it is there. I put up a warning before the flashback so you know where it is. After that, he mentions the word but doesn't go into detail about it.

Also, I forgot to put the image for reference on how Naruto looks in the last chapter, so I'm putting it in this chapter. Just imagine him wearing black instead of orange! Also, his hair is more of a dirty-blonde than the bright yellow and he has ears and a tail.

If you enjoy this chapter please leave a like and a comment!

"You know a moment is important when it is making your mind go numb with beauty" -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Chapter Twelve:

Two months later, Naruto and Itachi were getting ready to leave with Sasori and Deidara. Their mission was to kidnap the Jinchuriki of Ichibi known as Gaara of the Sand and then extract the tailed beast, the process lasting three days to complete.

If anything were to happen, they were to call Hidan and Kakuzu. The two teens didn't really want to deal with those two just yet, but if they got the chance they would attack them as well. Hopefully, they could get Asuma to help them out, but it was unlikely.

The two teams set out for the two day run to Suna. The plan. According to Sasori and Deidara was that Deidara would kidnap Gaara and Sasori would provide cover while Naruto and Itachi took out the guards surrounding Suna to provide ease of entry.

The "plan" was going smoothly up until Gaara got kidnapped. Naruto and Itachi had secretly left crow clones behind with Sasori and as soon as all three of them were alone, Naruto had come up from behind and stabbed Sasori through the core, instantly killing the red-head. The two clones dispelled and the real Naruto and Itachi continued to "help out" as they had promised.

They met up with Deidara, who had an unconscious Gaara, before going back to Sasori, who they "found" dead. As soon as Deidara saw Sasori, he immediately went into an offensive stance while Naruto and Itachi "scouted" for the enemy. They found no one, of course, and the group of now four continued to the cave where the extraction would take place.

Naruto and Itachi both knew that Deidara would be the most vulnerable during the extraction and planned their strike at that moment.

As they were leaving, they ran into Kankuro, who recognized Naruto but didn't say anything since he knew of him being a spy, "Let my brother go!" He yelled at the man on the giant clay bird.

"Oi, Naruto, Itachi take care of this guy for me would you?"

Naruto and Itachi nodded as Temari came into view. She saw Naruto and repressed the urge to run up and squeeze the life out of him. She also got into a defensive stance, taking out her fan as Kankuro took out his puppet.

Naruto grinned, "Oh, Itachi look! There's another one. I wonder if they're any better than my old team," Naruto giggled. Temari and Kankuro sweatdropped. The two older siblings had heard of Team 7's run-in with their old teammate and were worried that he'd hurt them, although they knew that he wouldn't. Well, they hoped he wouldn't.

Itachi scoffed, "We've got a mission to complete, Naruto. Please do remember that."

Naruto scowled. Temari and Kankuro were shocked. They had never seen such an expression on Naruto's face and had never thought that he could make such an expression, "I know Itachi-Sensei, I just want to have a bit of fun before...yanno," he answered vaguely, glancing towards Deidara and Gaara. Deidara was glaring at Naruto.