The Idiot Next Door

Shinsou woke up into his dark room with his cat on his chest. "Good Afternoon Pumpkin." The calico cat meowed back. Shinsou smiled a little bit before getting up and putting Pumpkin on his pillow. She curled up into a ball and dozed.

Shinsou put on a purple sweater and black ripped jeans. He went into his bathroom but didn't look at the mirror. Instead he just leaned up against the wall and stared at his pale hands. Shinsou pulled his sleeves past his knuckles and went out to the common area for lunch.

Shinsou heated up the pizza from last night's dinner and ate it rather quickly. Although no one was there, he was on edge and felt like somebody was about to show up. Done with his breakfast, the purple haired boy washed up his plate. Shinsou was walking back to his dorm when-

"Oof! Sorry about that!"

A blonde boy with a black bolt in his hair apologized to Shinsou.

"It's fine."

Shinsou left him.

'What's the point of talking anyways.'

He thought.

"Wait! I've gotta make it up to you! Do you want to go to the cafe?"

The excited teenager grabbed Shinsou's arm and started walking quickly to the doors.

"No, no, no! It's fine, really!"

Shinsou tried stopping him but it didn't work.

"Oh, don't you worry! We're gonna have a great time!"

"I don't even know your name!"

"Silly boy, I'm Denki!"

Shinsou used his quirk and Denki stopped in his tracks. Denki let go of Shinsou.

"Look, I've got schoolwork to do. Maybe we could go to the cafe another time. But now is not a good time."

Shinsou said before releasing Denki from his quirk.

"Oh fine then! What's your name, silly boy?"

Shinsou sighed and started to walk away.

"It's Shinsou."

He only told him that so he would shut up.

"See you around Shinsou! And don't forget about our date!"

Denki yelled after him before getting some food.

'date? It's not a date. I'm not ever going to a cafe with that loud blonde.'

Shinsou thought to himself before going into his room again. He laid on his bed and Pumpkin crawled onto his chest again. She was a small cat and very cuddly.

"Should I just lay here all day, Pumpkin?"

"No, you've got to feed me!"

Shinsou replied to himself in a strange voice, pretending to be Pumpkin.

"Well, if you say so, pretty kitty."

Shinsou plugged in his headphones and fed Pumpkin before laying back down. He daydreamed because he knew that sleep wasn't a possibility.

Little did Shinsou know that it was a possibility. He woke back up very late at night. His body felt sore all over but he didn't recall doing anything that would make it like that.

The sleepy teen stood up in bed and pet the small cat on his lap. He took off his headphones. Unknowing of the time, he got up out of bed and went into the bathroom. Shinsou stared into the mirror.