This Can't Go On

Shinsou walked up to Denki and sat on his bed with him.

"I'm so sorry, Shinsou."

Denki started to open up to Shinsou and told him about how he had been bullied about his stupidity for a long time, and about how he was adopted, since he was abandoned. He had started binge eating from being upset all the time.

"Before enrolling into UA, I felt like enough was enough. I had went on a diet to try and lose the weight. It was very healthy at first, but started to get out of control when I wanted faster results."

Denki looked at the floor, seeming to remember an exact memory, not just the story that Shinsou was being told.

"I was at a normal and healthy weight when my time at UA started, but the way I had gotten to that weight wasn't healthy. I wasn't satisfied with myself. Although now I'm away from my bullies, I feel like their just around the corner. Like my friends will hate me. They'll find any reason to hate me, especially if I'm ugly.

I could feel myself slipping out of control when I started getting worse grades. Everything is fuzzy now and it's hard to remember what's going on. I have never had breakfast here before. Only lunch a few times. But week day dinners with the bakusquad have always happened. I don't burn off the food I eat with them, well, only a few times. 

Mina caught onto what I was doing. She's always making sure I eat enough at dinner. Then she told Uraraka and Tsu with my permission. They've been trying to help me, but I'm just getting worse."

Denki laid his head on Shinsou's shoulder. He sighed again.

"The night you came into my dorm, I was weighing myself and had fallen off. I was exercising a lot that night. Shinsou, I feel so disgusted with myself. I have to fix me. I know it's not healthy, but I'm gonna be so much better afterwards."

Shinsou didn't want to tell Denki the truth.

"Denki, this is a very dangerous addiction. If you keep this up, you will die. This can't go on."

Shinsou hugged Denki very tightly. Denki cried into his jacket. Shinsou felt his small body. He was so worried about him. Shinsou stroked Denki's hair.

"We have to tell Mr. Aizawa. He will help you. You will feel good again. "

Shinsou told him in the sweetest way he could.

"Shinsou, do you know what they do to people with eating disorders?"

"They take you to therapy?"

"They take you to a hospital. A whole branch meant just for people like me. They make you eat so that you gain. You're be all alone, reversing all of your hard work, and are pulled away from your life. It's a nightmare."

Denki cried even more. He must have researched into it. Shinsou hoped they could help Denki without sending him away.

"Then you better try hard to let us help you. If you don't eat here at UA, then you will have to go there."

Shinsou felt denki hug him tighter. He knew this scared Denki so much. But if he was scared and knew Shinsou was serious, then Denki would eat again.

"Okay. I'll try."

Denki let go of Shinsou and laid back down. Denki was still crying, but very quietly now. Shinsou now saw how everything was making sense now. The glazed over look Denki always had in his eyes, and the nervousness around food. It also explained Denki's weird skin. It was yellowish and sickly looking. Shinsou knew Denki was very sick. Maybe even too sick for him and Mina to help.