Ducks & Brownies

Shinsou's mind wasn't on the lesson his dad was teaching, but tommorrow's trip to the nearby lake. Him and Denki haven't really hung out of school grounds. The lunch day bell pulled him back to earth.

"Shinsou!"

Somebody hugged Shinsou from behind. They covered their hands over his eyes.

"Guess who?"

"Bakugo."

Denki laughed at him.

"No, Silly Boy! Try again!"

"You're the only one that calls me that, Denki."

Denki uncovered his eyes and hugged him. He lifted himself back up and grabbed Shinsou's hand.

"C'mon! It's time for lunch!"

They walked hand in hand to the cafeteria. Denki seemed excited to eat;  which made him really happy.

They got their food and Denki sat next to Mina. Shinsou seated himself beside Denki. They chattered on with the Bakusquad. Normally he was with the Dekusquad, but he sorta knew that they couldn't help Denki enough. Shinsou wanted to be near him all the time before he left.

"What do you think, Shinsou?"

"W-What?"

Denki giggled at him, light shining in his eyes.

"Are cats better than dogs?"

"Yes! Cats are the best animal in the entire world! They are soft, sweet, cuddly, and cute!"

Mina and Denki squealed after his rant about cats. Shinsou stared at them, frightened at the response.

"You're such a softie!"

"He has a little calico cat named Pumpkin!"

"That's so cute!"

Shinsou blushed hard and watched as they both squealed over how much of a softie he is. The bell rang again, and they rushed to class.

~Time skip to Saturday morning~

"Oof!"

A weight fell on Shinsou's back.

"Who the fu-"

"Glad to see you're finally awake! It's 12:47! It took me so long to get you asleep!"

Shinsou sighed heavily. That was the first he had slept in 2 days. Denki had spent the night with him in his room.

"Denki. Get off."

"That wasn't a very nice 'oh thank you so much for helping me sleep since I'm too silly to do it myself'!"

Shinsou sighed again and rolled his eyes.

"Thanks Denki. It means a lot to me that you care about me and my non-existent sleep schedule."

Denki hugged him tighter.

"You're welcome, Silly Boy! You're so sweet!"

Denki got off of him and sat on the floor with Pumpkin. He had on different clothes than yesterday night. How had he left without Shinsou waking up?

He got up out of bed and fed his fuzzball. Shinsou sat down in front of Denki.

"Okay, you go pack up the food, I'll find a bag for it and a blanket so we can sit there."

"Okie dokie! Also wear something good for walking!"

Denki sat up and pat his head. Shinsou's face became red and he stared at Denki, baffled.