Part 10 - fighter

"Scoops troop? Grisworld family? Does anyone copy?" Robin picked up the walkie 'This is Robin. I copy' "It's done." All of a sudden, Miltary trucks sped into the car park, helicopters flew overhead and soldiers swarmed the mall. There was a loud crash as they saw the mindflayer fall in the mall. Everyone looked at Robin, confused 'They did it. They killed it'. They watched as Russians were escorted out of the mall and police officers investigated. There were ambulances pulling into the car park now and paramedics soon came to treat wounds. Mike sat down, unwilling to talk to helpers. He just stared at the mall entrance whilst paramedics and police officers asked him questions. He watched his friends being bandaged, asking himself why this all happened. Why it all couldn't just stop. How many injuries and deaths would it take for them to live a normal life? Where he went wrong. How it got to this point where his friends are hurt too, not just him? And.. where El was. What was she doing? What was happening? Mike was engulfed by his thoughts, now completely unaware of his surroundings. He didn't know if anyone was still talking to him, and he didn't care.

Hopper, Joyce and Murray came out of the back of the mall, escorted by soldiers and police officers. Joyce ran to Will and hugged him with tears in her eyes. She couldn't be happier to see him. Hopper searched the car park, looking for his daughter. In the corner of his eye, he could see Mike standing in the pouring rain, screaming at a firefighter. It may have been raining, but Hopper could clearly see the tears running down Mike's cheeks. It was only then that Hopper noticed the burning mall. The sky was now completely orange. Flames were reaching up from the mall, taller than any flames he'd ever seen. The fire raged like an angry demon, devouring the mall. The heat was so intense, so radiant, so strong that you could see it. The air looked as if it was swaying, one minute it was blurry, the next it was clear. Hopper felt sick, his eyes hurt from the pulsating sky and it felt like he had just had the strongest drugs out there. He locked eyes with Dr Owens and raised an eyebrow as if to ask why or how the mall was on fire. Owens shrugged and wiped the sweat from his forehead, returning his attention to the officers he was giving orders to. Hopper ran to Mike, wondering why he was so close to the fire. He could barely stand the heat or smoke any longer as he felt his skin burning. Hopper reached Mike and when he saw the look in Mike's eyes, he knew something wasn't right. "Where is she?"

El fell to the ground. Her shirt was completely red and clung to her like tape. She couldn't move. Every part of her body ached. She laid on the floor, watching the crimson puddle underneath her grow. She couldn't breathe. It didn't matter though, the mind flayer was gone and that's what was important. It came back for one reason with one purpose, one intention. Revenge. And she gave in. El gave the monster what it wanted. It was done. The mind flayer was to leave the town of Hawkins alone, that was the deal. The fateful deal. She managed to sit up against a wall, taking deep breaths but only filling her lungs with more smoke. She couldn't see anything through the smoke that surrounded her. She couldn't hear anything except a faint ringing sound. Eleven could feel the heat of the raging fire roasting her. She started choking on the smoke, coughing up red droplets. Droplet soon turned into splashes. Splashes soon turned into streams. Streams of blood. She fell onto her hands and knees, trying to clear her throat. It wasn't helping. She coughed uncontrollably, now choking on her own blood. She could feel herself getting weaker and weaker, eventually becoming unable to support herself. El collapsed onto the floor again, barely making it back to the wall she was resting on. She sat by the wall, finally giving in and allowing her eyes to slowly shut. A few minutes later, she weakly opened her eyes to see a shadow moving through the smoke.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Ok first of all, holy shit thank you all so so so so so so much for 100 reads!! And 2 votes!! I never expected to get that many reads o n this little story so this reay means a lot, thank you!!! Also, the story is almost done! Ik it was quite a short one but future stories will probably be longer. I'd say like 2-3 parts left? Anyways thank you all again!
-Your very very very happy writer
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•