1

It was a chilly morning in Avonlea. the place you've lived all your life. you grew up here with your loving family and loving friends. some better than the others. like Diana Barry, you could talk to her about anything. or like Gilbert Blythe, he was your bestfriend since you were a little kid and always knew how to cheer you up.

You never really liked the other girls. Jane and Tillie were alright, but Josie was straight up rude and Ruby never stopped whining about your friendship with Gilbert. She called dibs on him a few years ago, but Gilbert was your best friend way before that so they couldn't do anything about it. and if they could you would've definitely left them for Gilbert.

You got out off bed and splashed some water in your face. you put on a simple dress for school and tied a ribbon in your hair. it bounced up and down when you walked down the stairs.

"morning" you said sitting down at the table.

"morning dear" your mother said.

you looked over at your brother Tyler who didn't say anything. you shook your head and grabbed an apple. "where's father?" you asked after you swallowed your first bite.

"he went to work early this morning" your mother replied, handing you a plate with some bread.

you looked over at your brother again. his hair was messy and he was busy writing something, probably poetry. he was always either writing or studying. he studied alot so he could get into college. he was only one year older than you, but he wanted to get in early. you were gonna miss him.

He never talked much, but you loved your brother dearly. especially when he helped you with your homework.

"I'm off for school!" you said standing up from the table and putting your empty plate in the sink.

your brother looked up from his book. "I'm coming with you" he said closing his book. he didn't do that alot. he always went early to study.

"Are Gilbert and his father almost back from their travels?" your brother asked on your way to school.

"I believe he's coming back tomorrow, but I'm not entirely sure." you answered as you looked up at the trees almost all the leaves had fallen off and now crunched underneath your feet.

you saw the schoolhouse in the distance. you heard loud chatter and boys yelling at eachother.

"why don't you ever play sports?" you asked your brother.

"me? sports? don't be ridiculous." he said chuckling.

"it can be fun" you said causing your brother to shake his head.

"I'd rather read a book" he said.

"it makes you look mature" you said causing your brother to chuckle.

"and?" he asked.

"girls like that" you said smirking at him.

"oh would you stop! I'm not looking for a girlfriend" he said letting out another chuckle.

"how about prissy?" you asked.

"prissy? no, not my type." he said shaking his head slightly.

"hmm... I'll find you someone." you said.

your brother groaned. "please don't!" he said causing you to chuckle.

you had approached the schoolhouse and waved your brother goodbye before walking over to your friends. to your surprise, Diana wasn't with them.

"morning" you said smiling.

"Y/n did you see the new girl?" Jane asked.

you frowned. "no? there's a new girl?" you asked.