Ruby - Proposal

Requested by sameerah_13

-you are both 18+ in this.

8 months ago

"Shit shit shit shit shit"

I stared at that capsule hole that supposed to be empty. I felt worry and anxiety rush through my body overthinking every single possibility.

"What happened, cariño?"

I felt Ruby's arms around me and it instantly made body relaxed at his touch. But my mind still wondered.

"Uhn..I forgot to take the pill yesterday..."

"Allergies?"

I looked at him weird, for such a smart boy he was kinda slow 

"Guess again"

"shit shit shit shit shit" He started to walk around in circles "Are you sure it didn't just forgot that you took it? Why would you forget to take it? I told you to put an alarm on your phone"

"Hey calm down, we used protection right?"

"Right..." He said nervously "Of course we did..."

"Ruby.."

"I don't remember, okay?"

"Ruben!"

"What? I'm serious, when you were naked in front of me a condom wasn't the first thing in my mind!"

"Well, it should be!"

"I wasn't the one that forgot to take a god damn pill"

"So now it's my fault?"

"No, I- we don't even know if you're pregnant or something"

"There is a chance but it is small"

"It's probably nothing"

"Yeah, it was just a scare"

present time narrator's pov.

Ruby couldn't be more nervous, he had spend so much time practicing his speech but it still felt like he was going to forget everything. 'would she say yes?' he questioned himself, he felt like he was supposed to ask her that months ago, but he didn't want her to think that the only reason he was doing this was because of the baby.

The couple had just arrived at the restaurant, neither of them had ever went to such a fancy place, it wasn't fancy fancy, but it was a nice looking establishment. The two sat down on their seats, the night was a little chilly for summer but it was better than the sauna it usually was.

"So, what is so special about today?"

"Everyday is special when I am with you"

"You are so cheesy"

The girl laughed. Today has been a weird day for her, her contractions were getting stronger everytime. She feared that it was time for their baby daughter's arrival, not that she didn't want it, but she was scared of labor, the talks with Gina really helped put her mind in ease, but it still scared her.

"But you love it"

"Yes I do"

They ended up ordering the cheapest thing in the menu, these fancy places always seem to overprice the smallest amount of food. Their dinner was quite lovely, they were always together but they always had something to talk about, but even when they didn't, they were comfortable enough with each other to just appreciate the moment in silence without it getting awkward.

As they finished their dinner, Ruby grown more and more anxious, Y/n had noticed that but didn't want to say anything about it because knowing him, it would make him more nervous, so the girl just left out a smile

"I loved this place, you are amazing" 

She told him trying to reassure him of that there was nothing to be anxious about. He took a deep breath and tried to recompose himself and not look like a complete fool. He got up his chair earning a confused look from her and various curious looks from the other costumers, he kneeled down before her and reached for her hands holding them, as her eyes met hers he felt a little more calm, he couldn't be more sure.

"Y/N, when I met you I was in a place in my life that I felt like love wasn't for me, but you showed me otherwise. You have been a light in my life since the day I met you, you made me a better man, I never felt such a strong love for anybody else. Your beautiful ____ eyes, your captivating smile, every single thing about you is flawlessly crafted by angels." One of his hands traveled down to his pocket grabbing the little red box that contained a symbol of their union. "(Y/n) (L/n) Would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

The woman couldn't believe her eyes, she couldn't be more happy at that moment, everything was so perfect, he was so perfect. Her eyes started to water as he started his speech, her hands were now shaking in joy as she nodded her head.

"Yes yes of course I do"

She jumped out of her sit and pulled him into a hug kissing him passionately. It felt like they were the only ones there, like she was floating in the air, but soon she felt a very sharp pain hit her  as a liquid runned down her legs, Y/n scream loudly as she let her whole weight fall on him but luckily he hold her up with a concerned look in his face.

"Bebe what's wrong?" 

"I think my water just broke"

End

I'm feeling like doing some preferences so send requests 

Love yall byeee