Breath of the Void: Chapter 1

Here we go guys. This is the first time I've written Kimetsu stuff, so it might start off a bit wonky. You can expect at least one crossover pairing ( you can take a guess, it's kinda obvious ), so if that's not your thing I'm sorry. As with Sagittarius, while I recognize that Servants are arguably more powerful than Demons and Humans, I wanted to keep the balance in power— Musashi is ridiculously powerful, yes, but she's still human in this because I wanted that power balance. This is EoR Musashi, the one who is mostly human, but hasn't died yet and is on the cusp of being a servant. Obviously, because of that, she didn't die in Shimousa, instead was transported elsewhere (Musashi is an Isekai victim?) and since the focus is gonna be on Musashi, moments from Tanjirou's POV are going to be a bit rarer. Remember, Musashi is here to fuck shit up but in a good way, so obviously there's gonna be canon divergence, changes, and good god Shinjuro gets his shit together. Will there be deaths? Probably. But Musashi wants to save as many of her friends as she can. Also Butterfly effect and all that jazz.

Explanations aside, please enjoy this fanfiction to its fullest! This one will be slower in updates as Sagittarius, but as usual, talk to me! Reviews will be answered and talked about if there's confusion. Now, let's begin!

————————

It had happened in the winter, Kyojuro Rengoku would later remember. He had been on his way back to his estate from a particularly grueling mission when his crow started talking up a storm.

A small mountain village nearby was getting overrun by Demons. Make haste, make haste!

So, despite his exhaustion, the Flame Pillar had taken off towards the east where the mountain village was. It hadn't taken him too long, he thought, but by the time he had gotten there, the village was silent.

The scent of blood strong in the air and his first instinct was to cover his nose, it was so heavy.

The village was very small— no more than seven or eight houses. Blood splattered the ground everywhere and his two-toned eyes gazed over the bodies and limbs strewn about.

Sadly, it was the fate of many smaller villages like such. Ones that the Demon Slayers couldn't get to in time. Kyojuro sighed, rubbing his shoulder as he walked through the village. Doors broken down and splattered with blood weren't unnatural but something caught his eye suddenly as he gazed at one of the walls of one of the houses.

Slash marks.

Made with a sword.

A clattering noise made him startle and his hand flew to the blade at his side. He slowly approached the house that the noise came from, stepping up the broken stairs and peering in. A figure's back was facing his. It looked like a woman from what he could tell, her hair a pale, almost white-tinted pink done up in a type of ponytail with a star-like ornament kept it in place. on her shoulders was a cloak of deep blue and a kasa was sitting next to her. She was sitting at a fire pit and she was moving— eating, maybe?

If she was the only one left, that must mean that she had to be the demon, then.

Kyojuro shifted, silently drawing his sword. First Style would be enough to finish her off if she was unawares. Easy. Then he could get to burying the bodies.

The woman shifted, the only warning he got before he had to bring his sword up to block a strike from her.

Red and gold eyes gazed into a single, blue eye with a magenta ring in the iris— the other eye covered by what appeared to be a kiku gata-shaped tsuba. The woman pressed against his blade before she broke away, sheathing hers without a word. She moved back to her previous spot, picking up a bowl of rice that had abandoned on the floor when she had moved.