Breath of the Void: Chapter 3

I honestly didn't expect this to get as much traction in one day that this did, so I'm happy! Anyways, here's chapter 3. I planned on posting this like, not this soon but holy hell, did y'all see the recent Babylonia episode? Because King Hassan is Metal as Fuck and I really, really love it. Anyways, here we go.

————————

Kanroji Mitsuri and Kocho Shinobu were both, without a doubt, adorable and beautiful.

Musashi decided that within the first few moments of meeting them while she was at the Butterfly Estate. Kocho was the Insect Pillar while Kanroji was the Love Pillar and formerly trained under Rengoku— and the two of them were both glad to have another woman on board with the Pillars. Kocho had said something about being able to deal with the pigheaded brawling, but Musashi had told her that she wasn't sure how much of that she'd be able to stop since she also liked fighting.

Kanorji said something about how her spirit was 'lovely' and then she hugged her.

Both women had taken her tale in stride. Kanroji had been disbelieving, but not out of mistrust, and was very curious about it while Kocho had been a bit suspicious and seemed to have been waiting for a punchline. She eventually accepted what Musashi said as truth before she went on her way to patch up a few of Rengoku's scratches he had gotten from that bramble patch he had fallen into. His hands and neck got pretty scratched up, and he had a shallow scratch right above his left eye, it wasn't too serious, but it did need to be taken care of.

Kanorji seemed to find that hilarious and Musashi didn't blame her. She had seen it happen.

The two women were quite different, despite their friendship, Musashi observed. While Kocho was a gentle, yet terrifying individual (that smile of hers was enough for Musashi to promise not to ever cause too much trouble if she could help it), Kanroji was much more like herself in a way.

A strong woman who loved food.

Musashi liked Kanroji.

Next to Rengoku, she was probably the favorite of the ones she had met so far. Not that she didn't like Kocho— she did. It was Shinazugawa who she didn't like.

The white-haired Wind Pillar had been grudgingly at the Butterfly Estate for a pain killer or something when she and Rengoku arrived. The first thing he did was ask her if she was Rengoku's bitch. Musashi wasn't one to normally be bothered by vulgarity, but rather it was the way he said it. As if she was nothing at all.

She had her pride still, and even when Rengoku— forever smiling, it seemed— had calmly explained that she was to be the newest Pillar and introduced the white-haired man, he had only sneered.

Musashi didn't like Shinazugawa, she decided then and there.

He was the type to step over people's beliefs and scorn them for being weaker than him. She recognized his talent at a glance, but she only hoped that he knew when to quit was. Both Rengoku and Kanroji had apologized to her on his behalf, though she told him that it wasn't a big deal. Which was a lie, because all she really wanted to do was punch his face in. Shinobu only shook her head with an exasperated look.

"Sooo, what are you gonna do about a uniform? Are you planning on wearing a haori?" Kanroji had been asking her as she waited on the engawa of the estate.

Rengoku had offered her a place to stay for the time being, though she had declined at first, saying that she'd be fine out and around on her own, but he was persistent. She caved in, but on the condition that she got to stay up on the roof for the time being. She wanted to see the stars tonight and see if they had changed at all. He had agreed, though reluctantly.