Breath of the Void: Chapter 7

Big yikes with chapter 202.

With the lockdown, I have a rough time figuring out how many days its been. Everything blends together, so if updates seem to be at random, I'm sorry. I'm waiting to see what the manga does before continuing with some of my draftings, but I think we can expect updates to be odd for all my stories.

———————

Ubuyashiki's daughters closed the shoji doors quietly before they both stood, moving to their father. One of them took his hand while the other allowed him to rest his other hand on her shoulder before the three of them made their way out to the engawa to the rest of the Pillars.

"Good morning, everybody. Is the sky blue, today?" he greeted as his daughters led him to the edge of the engawa. "Our members have gathered for the Pillar Meeting that we hold once every six months as per usual... it pleases me that we've all made it today."

Musashi knelt with the others, head bowed in respect as Shinazugawa slammed Tanjirou's head down.

"We find it most honorable to be in your presence, Oyakata-sama," she said calmly, gazing up at the cursed man, who smiled down at them in return. "We eagerly pray for much happiness upon you."

"Thank you, Musashi," the man said lightly as he slowly sat down. Shinazugawa shifted, his intense aura back as he spoke up.

"If I may, Oyakata-sama," he started, raising his head. "Before we start the Pillar Meeting, would you mind enlightening us about this swordsman, Kamado, Tanjirou, accompanied by a demon?"

Oyataka-sama seemed to gaze down at Tanjirou for a moment before he raised his head. "Right. I see... I'm sorry that he has surprised you all," he apologized. "As for Tanjirou and Nezuko... I've given my permission for their situation. I would like it if everyone here would accept them."

Eh?

Musashi's eye widened as she gazed up at the master of the Demon Slayers. The same shock seemed to be reflected in the others' expressions before Himejima moved first, putting his hands together as tears dripped from his face again.

"Even though Oyakata-sama wishes for us to do so... I am reluctant to give my consent," he admitted and Uzui nodded.

"I also flamboyantly oppose this," he agreed, "I can never accept a Demon Slayer who brings demons along."

"I will abide with all your accordances, Oyakata-sama!" Kanroji declared, despite the two Pillars prior to her's words. Tokito only gazed forwards blankly.

"Either way is fine with me... I'll forget about it either way..." he said, though Kocho and Tomioka both remained silent.

"I don't trust them, I won't trust them," Iguro hissed, "We all hate demons and kill them, to begin with."

"If it's what Oyakata-sama wants, we can't exactly go against it," Musashi pointed out, brows furrowed, "I'm with Kanroji, though I can't exactly place where Oyakata-sama's coming from..."

Kyojuro nodded, his smile never leaving his face but it no longer reached his eyes. "Indeed! While I respect you with all my heart, Oyakata-sama, I can't understand your thinking!" he agreed, though didn't say anything on the matter of agreeing or disagreeing.

"The Demon Slayer Corps' mission is to annihilate demons," Shinazugawa said, his voice on the edge of a snarl, "I wish to punish both Kamado and Tomioka. On that line of thought, I wish to punish Miyamoto for defending them."

"I told you that I don't want any association with that name," Musashi sighed. Shinazugawa glared at her in return.

"I hardly think that's what you should be worried about, woman," He hissed in return. Musashi's hand twitched and Kanroji and Kyojuro grabbed her wrists before she could draw her blades on the other Pillar. It wasn't the fact that Shinmen 'owned' the family name "Miyamoto", it was the association with her father that made her twitch and made her blood start to heat up. The Pillars knew this, she had told them the story before since they wanted to know the difference between her and the historical man. She tried to play it off, but the abandonment struck her hard, so she did her best to distance herself from her father. Despite her protests against using her family name and for them to simply use her given instead, Shinazugawa still used it on purpose to provoke her into a fight.