Breath of the Void: Final Chapter (A)

So I have two chapters coming out for this that are identical except for the endings. You can choose which ending you want to consider canon for Breath of the Void :)

————————

It was common knowledge that when an animal was backed into a corner, they would do anything they could to survive. As humans were, in fact, animals, they were no different.

And that meant that demons were no different.

As the sun started to creep above the horizon, Musashi knew this. The attacks would be getting even more ferocious.

Muzan's last, desperate act would be now.

So, she also made her choice.

She twisted, kicking Kyojuro in the stomach and sending him flying back.

The Flame Pillar's eyes widened as he was kicked into Kanroji, watching as Muzan sent shockwaves through the area around him, but Musashi held firm— even as Tomioka was flung back, leg severed at the knee. Even as the building shook and groaned. Blood spattered the ground as Musashi's head was jerked back, but she didn't let go of her sword.

Her eyes flickered from Kyojuro as he made a dash towards her, only to get yanked back by Genya and Kanroji to Shuten, who was standing still.

Shuten nodded and Musashi gazed back to Muzan, gripping her sword tighter.

"Eat shit and die," she snarled at Muzan before she drew a third sword, plunging it into his body as it expanded. She kicked off the ground, though it was clumsy and she barely had time to escape as Muzan expanded into what looked like a giant baby. She coughed blood when she landed, drawing her last sword alongside of Myoujingiri.

"Don't let him enter the shade!" She ordered as she stood, eyes blazing, "Do whatever you can to finish him, but don't waste your life!"

Nodding to Shuten again, she took off running. Baby-Muzan was crawling away, undeterred by what the other Slayers and Kukashi were doing to stop him. Bookshelves and rubble crashed on top of him, and cars were driven into him, but he was unbothered.

She leaped up as Baby-Muzan was being held back by a tram car that the Kukashi had pushed into his path. She moved to attack only for Tomioka to beat her to it, eyes blazing as he severed the demon's arm.

"Just turn into dust already!" the Water Pillar shouted, blood pouring from the wounds he had from the last attack. Shuten ran across the building's rooftops, eyes trained on the Demon before a chain wrapped around his neck.

Himejima's chain.

A cry from the Stone Pillar sounded as he tugged, feet planted firmly and beginning to pull Muzan back. He might have only had one arm, the other wrapped and tied with Shuten's kimono to staunch the bleeding, but he didn't waver in the slightest. His heels dug into the ground as he pulled and, quickly, Kanroji and Kyojuro grabbed the other ends of the chain, tugging as well. Iguro and Tanjirou flashed across the sky, cutting into Muzan's other arm, but still, it wasn't enough.

Musashi took a breath, finally in position as she dropped her other sword. She drew Myoujingiri back, eyes hard.

"Fall back!" she ordered, making the other startle but Kyojuro's eyes widened, recognizing her stance. The Flame Pillar grabbed Kanroji and took off while Shuten leaped across the rooftops, grabbing Himejima by his collar and dragging him away as the Kukashi scattered. The sound of a baby wailing echoed as Tanjirou scooped up Tomioka as he and Iguro got out of the way, Iguro quick to stop and pull Kocho's body against his as the Slayers and Kukashi scaled the buildings to get out of the way. They all knew what was going on, what was going to happen.