Breath of the Void: Chapter 20

I just binged the Hobbit Movies because I had an urge to watch a Hugo Weaving movie, so I've been thinking about another crossover. Anyways, classes for me start tomorrow, and with other schools also starting, please stay safe, everyone.

————————

A special training session began amongst the entirety of the Demon Slayer Corps— Pillar Training. Those who ranked lower than the Pillars trained with each of them, one by one or in groups depending on the Pillar.

Usually, the Pillars would only train their successors— if they had any— and no one else due to how busy they were. Between Musashi constantly moving around to gather information and take on missions, along with the other Pillars protecting and patrolling their assigned regions and also doing their own missions, the Pillars would normally be quite busy.

But ever since Nezuko conquered the sun, the demons suddenly stopped appearing in larger numbers. This left the Pillars with Night Patrols and Day Training as their only focus— well, for the most part.

It was certainly a lull— Shuten mused it was a simple 'Calm Before the Storm' and Musashi and Kyojuro both had to agree with her.

The Pillar Training, from what Musashi could hear, was a bit hellish. While neither Shinjuro, nor Urokadaki had taken up the request (always a request, Ubuyashiki rarely ordered Slayers who had retired) to assist in the training, Uzui had jumped at the chance with his wives.

So, between the available Pillars, Uzui, and Shuten, the group of them had a decent setup for putting the other Slayers through the wringer.

In trial one, Uzui handled the initial hazing of the other Slayers— the basic stamina training. Kanroji was next with training in flexibility while Tokito dealt with quick movements and reaction training. Following those three were Iguro with his focus on sword skill revision, Shinazugawa with a general beat down, Kyojuro with refining and reviewing the basic breathing techniques. Following that were Shuten and Musashi with Poison resistance. Himejima's training would be last with muscle reinforcement. While every Slayer had to at least try the Rock Pillar's training, they had no need to stay with it if they did not desire to.

Neither Kocho nor Tomioka were planning to participate in the Training of the other Slayers.

It was a shame, but there was little the others could do about it. Kocho simply said that she was unable to do so and Tomioka kept his stance in that he wasn't like the rest of them.

So, the rest of the Pillars upped their normal intensity with their own Training. They made sure that the rest of the Slayers were in top shape and by doing so, they also trained themselves.

Musashi stretched as she leaned against a large boulder. She and Shuten were stationed in the forest not far from the Rengoku Estate (as the three Rengoku men were using the estate for Kyojuro's training) for Shuten's portion of the training.

Of course, the first Slayers who had arrived had been more than apprehensive to Shuten, but wisely shut up after Musashi beat them into the dirt. Musashi herself had taken a full dose of one of Shuten's poisons, slowly testing and resisting the effects and well, the other Slayers learned very quickly that even when poisoned, the Pillars were insanely strong.

And fighting while poisoned wasn't easy.

Fighting Musashi while poisoned when Shuten was nearby intoxicating people with her mere presence was another story entirely.

Of course, there had only been a few who managed to get to Kyojuro's trial, so Musashi only had to beat down a few Slayers who were sent her way. She was the one who had the final say if the Slayer could move on to Himejima or if they had to go and start all over again.