Chapter 15

(Tv show verse.)

Kai's p.o.v (14, ninja)

Sparing against Jay as we train, I block his nunchucks. Zane throws his shrunkens, Cole blocks with his Scythe. Wu watch's as Lloyd kneels beside hem, we just found out he's the green ninja. I go to strike at Jay when a flash blinds us and something hits the beck. No, slams into the mast. Looking, I drop my sword in shock as I see Lloyd's counterpart leaning against the mast, head down, eyes closed. My counter us in his lap, but, his gi is different. We look at each other, I get my counter, Cole gets Lloyd's.

I place my counterpart on my bed, Cole laying Lloyd on the spare bed. Neither show any sign of waking up so we head back out. Training some more for a couple of hours, I head in to shower. Going into the room, I see Kai tossing his head. Going over, leaning over hem, his eyes slowly open. His eyes must have been hazy cause they suddenly widen and he surges up, our heads clocking. I fall back, he jumps up, running out.

I scramble after, he runs to the deck, Cole and Jay still on the deck. Kai skids before Cole, doing a one-eighty and faces me. I throw my hands up, footsteps behind has me ducking as Lloyd jumps over me. When Kai sees Lloyd, he relaxes. "That's it Kai, your okay, I'm okay. We're safe." Lloyd says.

Kai's p.o.v (slave, 17)

I'm looking around the ship, only seeing Lloyd's friendly face. A hand on my shoulder has me looking at Lloyd, he leads me inside. Going to the couch, he gently sits me down. "Remember what we talked about, how to deal with this." I nod, pulling out my buds, playing my music and pulling out my sketch book from my gi pocket.

Lloyd's p.o.v (16)

Seeing that Kai is relaxing, I motion the gang to follow. Going out on the deck, I lean on the mast. The ninja and Wu come out. "No one, and I mean no one touches Kai. He has PTSD and it's not pretty when he has a panic attack. Cause the only person who can help hem is back in our realm so, we're fricked if he....wheres little Lloyd." I say, just now noticing he's not here. "He was inside in the interior dojo." Jay said. I dash inside, I know how I was and I really hope.....Kai screams bloody murder as crackles sound. Little Lloyd leaghs as I slide past the door, scram and get back. Kai is in the fetal position, head cradled in his arms. Little Lloyd is rolling, laughing his ass off.

I go over to hem, grab his collar and Jack hem up. I'm gonna put the fear of his in this kid. "Thus shut ain't funny. Now I have to care for a panic attack Kai and I might not be able to calm hem down." I drop his ass. "Get the fuck out of here and don't ever come near hem. Understood." I growl. He nods, scared shitless and runs. I turn to Kai, he's rocking back and forth. I'm  thinking how the hell I'm going to calm hem. Than it hits, Cole made songs for essences like this.

Grabbing Kai's phone, I check for the earbuds and hit play on the playlist.

I see fire by ed sheeran

On my way

Skillet : undefeated

The score: unstoppable

As the music plays, Kai slowly picks his head up. His eyes are blown wide but slowly coming back to normal. I give a smile, handing his sketch book. He takes it, grabbing the phone and begins to draw. Patting his leg, I get up. Leaving the room, I head to the kitchen. Pulling out the frying pan, I grab the eggs, ham and cheese for an omelet. Cole made sure we all know this dish cause it's Kai's favorite and calms hem when he's like this.

Soft footsteps sound, arms wrap around my legs. Looking, little Lloyd is crying into my gi pants leg. I ruffle his hair, turn around and pick hem up. Setting hem on the counter, I wrip his tears away. "Hey, it's okay. I didn't mean any of that. It's just, we ninja are very protective over Kai." I say. "Why." Zane asks, handing me a wrisk and satchela. I debate on weather to tell or not, but decide to that way these ninja can have a better understanding.

"Kai's seventeen, turned five months ago. He was only just reunited with his birth family." Nya cocks her head. "He's got no blood tied to you, Nya, if that's what any of you are thinking. His name was once Kai Zodiac. His mother Seianna was kidnapped when she was pregnant with Kai. She gave birth to hem and they took her away." I pour the eggs on the greased pan. Tearing the cheese and ham up, I let the bottom cook. "The master cut slits under Kai's eyes so he wouldn't cry as the salt in the tears wound burn the slits. He spent sixteen years in that hell hole. We liberated the camp and Kai was put in uncle's cossidy. Cole was the first to gain a small piece of trust. Kai is a master at clay sculpting. Cole offered a set of paints for Kai cause the sculptures were bland, no colors.kai agreed and he even sells the ones he makes through his grandfather's shop."

I flip one side of the omelet to the middle, than roll that over, making a burrito. Letting that cook, I put the stuff up. "There is one he absolutely will not sell and it's a clay sculpture of his mom. When he's scared, he'll hold it to his chest. I dought he has it with hem so this omelet should help calm hem down." I put it in a plate, going to the room and set it beside Kai. He smiles, I rub his shoulder and leave. Coming back, I sit at the table. The others join me. "They others and me gained Kai's trust by having a special bonding moment. Zane's was patching Kai up when he slipped on the rug in the kitchen, the glass from his cup embedded in his arm and the frying pan burned his leg. Jay's was teaching hem video games and Jay found out Kai was ticklish so it turned into a tickle torcher. Nya's was teaching Kai how to swim, but, one kid dunked Kai thinking he was a buddy of his. Turns out the three were Austin and Tris, Kai's brother and sister, and Mikey, friend of the two now Kai's as well. Wu's was teaching Kai ninjitzu. Kai already had full control over his element. Mine started out bad but endded good. Kai's seventeenth birthday rolled around and I threw hem a party. Kai flipped out, ran to his shop and Cole had to coux hem out.

"Kai came out to make new memoriesof that time when it was spent in fear." I say. "What exactly happened to hem." Cole asks. I pull up my phone, scroll through the photos and pull up Kai's back. Turning it around, they all cover their mouths. "Kai would be beatened, wripped, burned, cut, even rapped two to three times a day. He was treated like that to stay submissive. Kai was molded into the "perfect" slave. Cole was the one Kai let in and fell in love with. They married a week ago." I say. Soft steps and arms around me let me know Kai's come out.

Standing, he cuddles into my chest, head in my neck. "Th..thank you." He mutters. I nuzzle his hair, it's needs to be trimed again. Kai pulls away, he goes to the sink and puts the plate in there. "Lloyd, want to spar." He asks. I grin, time to show these ninja how we fight.