Chapter 21

A shout out to my girlfriend on here, she's been helping with ideas and gave me an awesome OC to use. Thanks again for all the help, Greenflame_Lover830.

Kai's p.o.v

The ropes have rubbed my arms raw, I can't even feel my wings their so tight. God, all I want to do right NIW is burn these ropes and get out of here. But, if I do that, the five will just capture me again and who knows what will happen.

Coming to the camp, men, woman and children look at me as the five lead to a stone building in the center. Coming to it, the ropes are removed, the door is open along with an inner door and I'm shoved hard. Stumbling, I fall on my knees and elbows, the skin scrapping off. Blood flows from them as I get up, turning at the iron door slams shut. Dusting my clothes off, I hear six heart beats. Going to a spot not occupied, I sit, wings wrapping around me.

"So, they throw in one of their own. What cha do, flyer." A girls voice rangs put.

"Apparently, my great-grand father, Fowline, betrayed them for a lover in the telepaths. I'm going to take it y'all are telepaths as well." I say and ask.

"Your smart, I'm Venus. Great-grand son of Agetha." Venus says from my right. (Pronounced with a hard 'e' as in Chen.)

"I'm Celi, granddaughter to Marcus, leader of the telepaths." From beside Venus, says a girl.

"Natasha, granddaughter of Lilac." Right of Celi, says another girl.

"Copper, grandson of Axel." Boy infront of me.

"Nala, granddaughter of Xavier." Beside Copper said.

"And I'm Jewels, granddaughter of Maria." A girl beside me.

The door opens, seven men come in, they set bowls down and leave. The six are in no hurry to grab the bowls. "The stews not bad, they bring it stone cold so get use to it." Celi said. I reach out, touching her bowl with a finger and the stew heats up. She sips it, humming as warmth seeps back into her body. Venus holds his out and I do the same to his and all bowls. When we're done, I flair my wings out, the six come over as I form a fire ball.

The moment is shirt lived as the door slams open again and the five come in. "Making friends with the enemy." Red head says. "So what if I am. What you going to do about it." I snarl.

My hair is yanked, I'm dragged out by it. I'm kicking as the male flyer drags me. Stopping, I'm picked up, turned around and placed at a post, hands cuffed in shackles at the top. My shirt is ripped off, a collective gasp goes out.

But, I look back, the scrape of a wrip sounds. It strikes my back, I bite back a cry in pain. I easily slip into the mode I would have when I was a slave. I otter not one sound as my back is wripped sixty times. When done, the cuffs come off, I pull the coat back on. The shirt is ripped to shreds so this will do.

The six look on in horror at what they saw. We're lead to a hole, made to go down and lamps are given. "Show the new guy what to do." The one that wripped me said.

"These lamps are shit, why give them to us. We can bearly see." Venus says, leaving his lamp. "Is anyone looking." I ask.

Jewels looks, shaking her head. I find a stick, rap some of my old shirt on it and set it on fire. I do it to all six of them, lighting my hand on fire and we go.

For a month that's all that happens. We mine for minerals so the guards can make stuff. One day, I have enough. When they come for us, I send a ball of fire, the five dive to get out the way.

We make a break for it, I take to the air, protecting them as we head for the trees. Using my fire, I put a shield around us and we head up the mountain. Crossing the river multiple times, we end up lossing the assholes

Finding a cave high up in the cliffs overlooking a pond. Venus and Nala look out. Back in the camp, copper was the only one who showed any battle training what so ever. I fastened a bow and so arrows. Going out, I go hunt while Copper watches the gang.

Killing a buck in a valley, I carry it to the cave and set about skinning and cooking the meat. While the meat cooks, I set out making gloves, shin guards and vests with the skin. Handing the fire out, the six slip them on.

Later, laying in the bedding of grass, miss and leaves, I hold the necklace Cole gave me. Rolling over and getting up, I go out and down a few ledges. Looking at the sky, the stars brighter than those in the city. Rocks skidder, Celi sits beside me. "Want to talk about it." She asks.

"I came here looking to restore the Zodiac family to its former glory. But what I got, was a slap to the face. I left my husband and newborn to come here. I don't even know if I'll ever see them again." I say

Celi pats my shoulder "you will get home. If I have any say in it." She stands, offering a hand. "I can tell you've seen hell. So, take what you know and use it to get back home. At least you have a home. We have no where to go. No place to call home. Be greatful for what you have." Celi said.

I take her hand, standing. We go back. At the cave entrance, I look to the sky, sending a silent prayer and go lay down.