Chapter 17

Kai's p.o.v

Looking through the window, I watch as the nurses look the baby over. Rage is burning through me like fire, funny, I am fire. My phone had rung but I ignored it. I'm not leaving her unattended. A nurse looks up, motioning me inside. Going in, the little girl coos at me. "She's a few hours old. Had you not found her, she would have died. She's very lucky to have you, Mr.Brickstone." nurse says, handing me a bottle.

Picking the cutie up, I sit in the rocking chair, placing the nipple in her mouth, she suckles. My phone rings, I dig it out and see Cole on face time. Hitting accept, his face pops up. 'Where are you, love, I'm worried.' Cole says. "I'm sorry, I got a little...side tracked."  Cole's brows crease, I set the phone down, the little lady seen. 'Where....how...' Cole asks, the cutie coos. I look down at the cutie, her black hair and green eyes bright. "She was in a dumpster. I walk by the alley at the right time." I say. 'At the hospital.' "Yeah, the maturity ward." I say. 'Give me ten and I'll be there.' Cole says, cutting the line.

I smile, looking at cutie. "Sir, would you mind giving her a name. So we can make her a record." Nurse says. I think of a name. "Bella, Bella Joy." I say. "Excellent choice. Was that your spouse." He nods to the phone. "Yeah, Cole Brickstone. Any word on Bella's family." I ask, hoping to reunite her with her family. His face falls, the pit in my stomach makes me want to throw up. "Her entire family was slaughtered, the camera showed a man holding her, saw you coming and freaked out. He threw Bella in there in hoped to pick her up later. You were in the right place at the right time." Nurse said.

He walks away but looks over his shoulder. "Three patrol cars are stakeing out the alley. If the guys dumb enough, he'll return. I have some things to do, I'll let the desk know your husband is on the way. That blue button will alert the desk if anything comes up." I nod and he leaves.

Watching Bella as she feeds, my heart is already hers. Footsteps sound, Cole walks in. He comes over, stroking her hair. "She's beautiful. Where's her family." He asks. "Dead. All of them. The man was a trafficker." I say. "What will happen to her." Cole asks. "If you want, I'd like to adopt her. She was gonna be what I once was. Plus.." looks at Bella. "She's captured my heart." I say. Cole palms my hand that's under her head. "She does need a family." Cole says, he than kneels. "If you want to be her mother, I'll gladly be her father." God I love this man.

Later that day, the papers signed and we go to the ship. Walking in, Zane looks up, eyes brightening. "Come, me and the gang want to show something." Zane says. He leads the way down the hall, coming to the room beside mine and Cole's. Zane opens the door and I gasp at it. They transformed it into a nursery for Bella. I look at Cole, he's grinning like a loon. Jay and Nya bring over a box, I open it and it's clothes for Bella. Zane had diapers, Wu gave us the crip. Garmadon and Lloyd made the shelf. Misako picked the interior and designs. I lay Bella in the crib, she's fast asleep, and go to mine and Cole's room. "Mom and dad are going to be thrilled." I say, changing.

"So will dad. Come, it's been a long day." Cole says. I lay down, curling into Cole and I fall sleep. I wake later to the feeling of something is wrong. Getting up, rubbing my eyes, I go to check on Bella. Opening the door, Bella is whining. Going over, picking her up, she cries more. Wrapping the blanket around her, I take her into the kitchen. Grabbing a bottle out the cabinet, I pour some milk in it. Bella coos as I do this. Using my fire, I warm it to a comfortable temp. Finished, going back to the room. I sit in the rocker, rocking Bella as she feeds.

Green eyes meet mine as Bella feeds. She finishes, I burp her and continue to rock her. Bella yawns, I get up, going back to our room and lay with Cole, the baby between us.