Chris and Dolly's Story After The Body

Chris POV

We walked away from Gordie, from the treehouse, and towards our "homes". Suddenly, I heard Dolly's voice say,

"Let's go to the tree."

I nodded, and we made our way to our tree. I intertwined my fingers, giving her a step up. We climbed into the foliage, resting amongst the branches. I adjusted around to hold her. I had my arms wrapped around her, having her laying in my lap. Then out of the blue, she said,

"Things are about to change, aren't they?"

Her giant brown orbs pouring into my own, I nodded.

"Unfortunately, yes."

She sat up.

"But I don't want things to change."

I could see the tear welling up in her eyes, and that girl didn't cry for nothing. I immediately grabbed her and pulled her back towards me. I tried to soothingly quiet her and went to kiss her forehead but she turned to face me, so my lips met hers.

And neither of us pulled away.

One of my hands cupped her face, and the my arm snaked around her waist and drew her closer. I could feel her hand tangled in my hair, and the other one against my body. We both pulled away for air, and I said,

"Well I didn't taste alcohol, but I don't think you'd ever kiss me sober."

She started giggling, as she shook her head.

"Nope."

We sat there for hours, but this time the energy was comfortable. The tree started rocking us to sleep in its branches, and the sunset over the edges as the darkness set in.

Chris did get out. He got out with Adelaide right by his side. He enrolled in the College-courses with us. And although it was hard we all gutted it out like we always did. They went on to College, with him becoming a lawyer and Adelaide became an English teacher. They got married, but soon after they found out she was not able to have children. But as they do, they made the most of it, and started a foster home. It was there date night that they had every 3 months. For old times sake, they went to a drive in, just last week. While they were in line to get a cherry coke, when just ahead of them, two men got into an argument. One of them pulled a knife. Chris an Adelaide, the duo who would always keep the best peace, tried to break it up. He was stabbed in the throat. He encouraged her to use her voice. She got stabbed through the heart. She encouraged him to reveal his heart. They both died almost instantly. Although I haven't seen them in more than ten years I know I'll miss them forever. I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. But jesus, does anybody?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short and Shitty.