Three

Harry woke early the next morning. He cast a quick tempest and saw it was five o'clock. Curfew ended at six-thirty, so he still had a while to kill. His body didn't ache as much anymore, and he didn't feel like he would fall asleep on his feet. He thanked Romulus for gifting him fast healing now that he had shifted for the first time. He sat in bed, thinking about where he could stay overnight so that the others didn't find out about him being a werewolf. And trying to work out how to hide the fact that he was a werewolf from Remus.

Hey Romulus, is there a way to hide the fact that I'm a werewolf from other werewolves?

No, not really. Werewolves that have accepted their wolf partner are able to scent a werewolf and pinpoint exactly who the werewolf is, as well as how long they have been a werewolf. A werewolf who supresses their wolf are able to detect when a werewolf is in a certain vicinity but are unable to pinpoint who it is. For example, the other werewolf here would be able to tell that another werewolf is in the school and their rough age, but not who they are or where they are. Does that help Harry?

Yeah, that helps. Thanks Rom. I promise I'm trying to find somewhere safe to shift for you. With that final thought to Romulus, Harry pulled his concentration out of his mind. He was able to talk to Romulus whenever he wanted, but for full conversations, it took a lot of concentration to remain focused on him. Romulus had told him it would get easier with time though. Casting another tempest, Harry found that it was quarter to six. He got out of bed and slowly got ready for the day, trying to be as silent as possible so as to not wake the others in the dormitory. He grabbed a book on werewolf laws and headed down to the common room. He glamoured the book to look like one of the schoolbooks and settled down to read.

After finishing two chapters on werewolf laws surrounding jobs, Harry checked the time again. Seeing that it was now six-thirty-five, he put his book back in the dormitory before heading out of the portrait hole. He wandered around the school, trying to think of a place that would suit his needs. Suddenly thinking of a place, he headed to the seventh floor. Reaching his destination, he walked past a blank stretch of wall three times before stopping in front of a door that had appeared. Looking around to make sure no one was around; Harry pulled the door opened and entered the room.

He closed the door behind him and gasped at the room. It was a bedroom with one bed, along with a desk. There was a wardrobe against the wall opposite the bed. The room was decorated in soft pastels and neutral carpeting. Looking around, he spotted three doors. One door led through to a bathroom, complete with a shower and a tub. Surrounding the tub was bath oils for healing, as well as healing potions in the cupboards. Harry exited the bathroom and moved to the second door. It led to a forest, and Harry instinctively knew that the forest would be for full moons. The third door led back into the corridor. Harry let out a relieved sigh, this was perfect.

He walked quickly back to Gryffindor Tower. He intended to move his clothes trunk to his room in the room of requirements, while leaving his work bag in the dormitory. He moved through the common room and up to his dormitory quickly, seeing that no one was up yet. Grabbing his things quickly, he headed back down and out the portrait hole.

Once back in his room, he set everything up. He hung his cloaks up, folding his clothes and placing them in draws. Knowing that his friends wouldnt be heading to breakfast for another half hour at least, Harry stripped and went through the door into the forest.

Just a quick run right now Rom. We can have another tonight. Harry thought to Romulus, before shifting. It took a good few minutes before Harry's form had become that of Romulus. He was an average sized wolf, pitch black fur covering his whole body except for his muzzle, which held a white lightning bolt. His eyes glowed bright gold as he allowed Romulus more control over their body. Crouching down slightly, they took off running.