Eleven

Harry sat at the dinner table in between his twins. George was on his left and Fred was on his right. He was a bit nervous because they had agreed to tell everyone that they were dating right after dinner. Hermione had found out three days ago but hadn't said anything. She had asked him about it a bit but had promised not to tell anyone else.

They finished dinner and were all just casually chatting around the table. He took hold of Fred and George's hands under the table and gave them reassuring squeezes. They both squeezed back. He saw Fred check his watch out of the corner of his eye.

"Three, two, one," Fred murmured under his breath. Right after he said one, glitter rained down from the ceiling. Everyone around the table started laughing before their attention was brought to a large rainbow flag that had appeared at the empty end of the table. The laughter slowly died as all the attention was turned to the resident pranksters of the family.

"What's the flag for boys?" Mr Weasley asked.

"That's our pride flag," George said, voice wavering slightly from nerves.

"We're gay," Fred said. His voice was strong and confident, but his posture betrayed his nerves, slumping slightly in his chair. There was silence around the table for a few minutes before Ron laughed slightly.

"You owe me a galleon Gin," he said, hand outstretched. Ginny groaned but handed the gold coin over.

"You bet on us?" Fred said, amusement creeping into his voice.

"Oh yeah. I said you'd come out this year. Ginny said you wouldn't come out until after New Years," Ron replied with a shrug.

"I was only a day off too," Ginny groaned.

"Can't say I blame you. We would have done the same," George admitted. Harry noticed that Mrs Weasley still hadn't said anything, and he turned to face her. She looked shocked and had tears running slowly down her face. He had hoped she would be accepting, but now he wasn't so sure.

"Mrs Weasley? Are you ok?" he asked hesitantly.

"How ... How long? How long have you ... have you known?" she asked through her silent sobs. Fred and George exchanged glances and he slipped his hand into theirs again, giving a reassuring squeeze.

"Since the Yule Ball," Fred said quietly. Harry watched as Mrs Weasley stood up and rushed over to them, pulling them both into a hug from behind.

"I'm so sorry that you didn't think you could tell us until now," she sobbed out, hugging them tight. He released their hand and they turned to return their mother's hug. The three of them just stood there for a while, simply hugging.

Eventually, George pulled away and Fred followed. They smiled at their mum, before retaking their seats on either side of him. Harry watched Mrs Weasley move back to her chair, sitting down with an expression of sorrow evident.

"If it makes you feel better, it wasn't really your reaction that made us keep it a secret," Fred offered.

"What else made you hide who you are?" Mr Weasley asked.

"Well, it didn't really matter until now," George said.

"Why?" Ginny asked, leaning forward across the table.

"Well, we have a boyfriend now," they said together.

"Who?" Ron asked. Harry smiled at his best friend.

"Me."

It took a while for everyone to calm down after that revelation, but nothing bad came from it. Ron and Ginny were happy that he had talked with them and it had gone well, and Ron handing the galleon back to Ginny, while Mrs Weasley was still sad that they hadn't thought that they could tell her. Mr Weasley simply seemed stunned, but that might have been because of the shock of everything happening so fast.