Chapter 35

Liv's P.O.V:

"Pull!" I mount my gun, follow the clay pigeon, and nail it.

"Show off," Nash rolls his eyes.

"Aw, Nasheypoo is upset he didn't hit any yet," I fake pout.

"Be nice," Will laughs.

"Nice round, guys," Dad smiles as we check our scores.

"My shoulder hurts," I stretch it out.

"Yeah, you'll probably have a bruise," Dad shrugs, "it's natural,"

Nash punches my shoulder, and I punch him in the stomach.

"Nash, be nice!" Dad scolds.

"Yeah," I mock him.

Dad takes us to a diner and bakery for lunch, and it had the best looking food I've seen in a while.

We all order a burger and fries with milkshakes, and we just make small talk in the meantime.

"So, Liv, any boys that you'd like me to meet?" Dad raises an eyebrow.

"No boyfriends yet, Dad," I chuckle.

"What about Zach?" Nash practically yells.

"We're just friends," I sigh.

"Really close friends," Nash protests.

"Did you guys date?" Dad questions.

"He took me out on one date. After that, we decided to be best friends, so things wouldn't be awkward," I feel my cheeks heating up by the second.

Talking to Dad, Thomas, and my brothers about Zach and other guys isn't a topic I thought would come up.

Our food comes, and we are all finished within fifteen minutes.

"That was really good," I lean back in my chair and sip my milkshake.

"Wait until tonight, when we have a bunch of desserts they made," Thomas smiles.

"Can't wait," Hayes grins.

"Nila wants to take you to the mall while the boys and I go out for a few hours," Dad checks his phone, "I hope that's okay with you,"

"Yeah, that's fine," I honestly answer.

We pick up some desserts for after dinner, and head back to the house.

Nila and I leave shortly after, and we catch up.

We get to know each other a lot, and I practically can see her as another mom.

For the most part, we just look around, until she insists that I try on this super cute dress from Forever 21.

I try it on, and it fits perfectly.

It hugs all my 'curves', as Nila and Mom say, in all the right places. It also is a flattering color, and it's so cute!

I step out of the dressing room, and Nila falls in love.

"Liv," she gasps, "you look beautiful! I'm buying that!" She smiles.

"I can pay, Nila, I brought mon-"

"No, no. I'll pay. We need shoes and accessories, too!" She cheers.

"Thanks, Nila. I really appreciate it," I smile and pull her into an embrace.

"No problem, honey. I've truthfully always wanted someone I can doll up, and Thomas isn't necessarily the ideal figure for that," we share a laugh.