Chapter 4~

You turned to your surroundings taking in the furnished room. Where had you seen this before? You place a hand to your chest realising there was no scar or wound where a bullet had hit you. "what's happening?" you said your voice echoing throughout the room. "what do you mean what's happening?" Your head snapped up at the familiar voice. "I- where am I?" You said your voice trembling. "You're at home baby, you just woke up. What's wrong did you have a bad dream?" You turned to Moriarty confused. "I- I was in the hospital. You- you shot me" you said walking closer to him. "Honey it was just a bad dream, you know I would never do that to you. I love you so much I would never lay a finger on you" he said softly running his hands through his chestnut hair before walking closer to you. "What happened to sherlock?" You asked confused. "Honey sherlock left you remember. He ditched you the moment he found out about me. What's wrong?" He asked till you were barely a meter apart. "Nothing my dream was confusing that's all" you muttered still trying to wrap your head around what had happened. "I'm here now it's fine," he said placing his hand softly against your cheek. You didn't know what to do. He was being so kind and so gentle with you, the kind of comfort you were craving right now. "Y-you promise?" You said lightly. "I promise," he said pulling you into a loose but comforting hug. You melted into it feeling tired. "I really do love you y/n," he said looking down then back up to face you his eyes twinkling with that same look. "I- I love-" he cut you off mid-sentence placing his lips softly against yours. You placed your hand on his cheek, kissing him back as your troubles seemed to leave you for a second or two. You parted to finish your sentence. "You too, Moriarty."

"Moriarty" it was a faint whisper at that but a whisper that Sherlock had heard. He had been watching you sleep for a bit admiring how peaceful you look before his blood ran cold in his veins. "Moriarty." His name made him recoil. Why him? Why did she say his name? Sherlock seemed confused an emotion that rarely ever found its way into his expression. He regained his composure coming to the conclusion that it was just the same nightmares you have been having recently. He sat watching you for a little longer before falling asleep himself.