Chapter 8~

A few days had gone by and you were still acting clueless to sherlock however you had begun to work on the case yourself. You had narrowed it down to three people: Terry, Jerome's brother and some terrorist.
You were surprised that Moriarty hadn't thought of them first. You were then when Jerome and his crew died, and you were the one who shot him first. You sat in your room on your laptop as Sherlock had gone to 'Scotland yard' again. You figured out some time ago that meant he was searching for the killer still in contact with Moriarty. You searched the records of all three using a little trick Moriarty taught you on how to go unseen online bearing in mind Mycroft would be keeping tabs on you as per Sherlock's request. You considered all three and decided it was Terry. Jerome's brother took very little interest in his little brother and their family hadn't been close. If anything his brother couldn't have cared less about the murder you committed. Then there was the terrorist. He had a hatred for Moriarty but he had been in a different country the day you were shot. So terry. The terrorist who ended up in jail thanks to Jerome's failed plot and Moriarty wouldn't put up money for his release. It had been two years and he was finally out of jail and no doubt out to get Moriarty and you, his once queen of crime. You debated your next actions carefully. There were 3 ways of going about this.

Number one: you tell sherlock and you both track him down, but no doubt sherlock will go the lawful route with Scotland yard by his side.

Number two: you reach out to Moriarty and with him, you go down the not so lawful route, this guy shot you and he was going to pay. But sherlock would be heartbroken if you left him.

Number three: you take Sherlock's gun, you run from the apartment and you track this guy and do the deed yourself.

You thought quick, aware sherlock could return at any minute. Finally, you came to the conclusion you would do it yourself. You needed a break from both boys giving yourself time to think and a chance to stand alone. Maybe this was the key to being able to choose? You thought as u grabbed the loaded gun out the drawer. "Now time for some good old fashioned blackmail" you hummed grabbing your phone off the side. You needed sherlock to be left unaware, this meant removing Mycroft out of the equation.

Dear Mycroft,
I need to do something and I need sherlock to be left in the dark about it. Its nothing serious and won't affect you or your business at all so I'm asking you nicely to not tell sherlock my whereabouts.
-y/n

A few seconds later you get a response.

Y/n,
I have given sherlock my word to tell him of your location at all times. What do you need to do and why can't sherlock know?
-M.H

Mycroft,
I need to sort something out with someone very insignificant and sherlock cannot know because he will only slow me down. Don't make me do this the hard way Mycroft. You either don't tell him or I'll make sure you don't.
-y/n

y/n,
And what might that be?
-M.H

Mycroft,
I wonder how the world would respond to knowing about you and officer Lestrade (oh and trust me I have enough proof)
-y/n

Y/n,
Fine. Sherlock will be left unaware of your location. But don't try playing games with my y/n it won't end well.
-M.H

Mycroft,
Thank you. I won't I just need this to be done without interference. Give my best to Greg :))
-y/n

You hit send and jogged quickly out of the house avoiding the main streets as to not be spotted by many people especially sherlock. You looked at your phone watching the location of Terry move. You turned on the feature Moriarty added to your phone years ago making it impossible to track. You held the gun tightly as you jogged lightly, aware that your wound had only almost fully healed and any damage will prolong that. You were getting close as a message appeared on the screen.

Y/n,
Where are you??
-S.H

You ignored it, more important things on your mind. Until another appeared.

Y/n,
What has happened? Are you ok? Where are you?
-J.M

You slipped the phone into your pocket as you were getting close. That was until a hand found its way to your shoulder,

And a gun to your head.