c h a p t e r s e v e n

S T A N D  T O G E T H E R

After Ahkmenrah had rid himself of his bandages, revealing his fancy costume beneath (Theodosia was not surprised), he broke the group out of the Egyptian exhibit.

As if they weren't terrifying enough pointing a spear at her face, the jackals were infinitely more horrifying after she watched them throw the giant stone slab that covered Ahkmenrah's exhibit through the iron gates that locked them in, like it was as light as a feather. Theodosia much preferred them when they stood still, but she had to admit they were a handy addition to their mission.

Theodosia certainly couldn't throw a giant rock, let alone move it an inch. Her pale wax arms truly had nothing on their giant stone ones. She was envious. They could just stomp on Cecil and this whole nightmare would be over – but when Theodosia suggested it Larry gave her a look that she assumed meant 'no'.

Everyone ran through the demolished iron gate, with Ahkmenrah leading the way.

"Thanks guys." Larry nodded to the guards. "Don't worry, I'll watch out for him."

The jackals pounded their right fist over their stone hearts and retreated to their places guarding Ahkmenrah's sarcophagus. Larry awkwardly offered a roll of his hands and a thank you before running off with Theodosia, Nicky, and Ahkmenrah following closely behind. The four of them ran towards the front entrance, and the symphony of battle cries coming from it.

The entire foyer was up in arms, yelling and throwing toilet paper. Exhibits from every department were fighting each other for reasons Theodosia didn't understand.

Everyone had been so harmonious last night.

They had hardly gone a half an hour without supervision and already the entire museum was in a fit. Half of the exhibits hadn't even joined the fight, which Theodosia figured either meant they had stayed respectfully in their exhibits or, more likely, were roaming around New York.

For a moment, the four of them just watched the fight below, shocked.

Theodosia had immediately noticed the fight between the miniatures, specifically the Romans and the little men in boots. As they watched, disbelieving, a group of bearded men came running from across the building, screaming.

"What is that?" Ahkmenrah asked at the same moment one of the bearded men noticed Larry from across the hall.

Theodosia looked away, continuing to watch the battle between the miniatures. She didn't know who the angry bearded men were and knowing Larry, she figured she didn't need to know. The likeliest conclusion was that Larry angered them somehow. Theodosia wasn't surprised, so while Larry and the angry man stared each other down, Theodosia cheered for the Romans.

"Huns," Larry informed everyone. "I gotta deal with this guy."

Larry took off in a sprint towards the Hun, leaving the three of them to follow him (Theodosia begrudgingly), ultimately confused. Once the Huns had noticed Larry running, they followed, running from the other side to join them, shouting in a language Theodosia had never heard before.

But she hardly needed to speak Hun to know the leader was likely saying something about ripping Larry apart, if his violent hand gestures were any indication of his intentions.

The two groups finally met each other halfway, and just as they came upon the Huns, Larry started screaming – just like Huns. It almost stopped Theodosia dead in her tracks. Out of everything Larry could have done in this situation, getting in a screaming match with another man was not the option Theodosia thought he would have chosen.