Meeting

Chapter 1
Maya was walking around the streets with Riley. She decided that she wasn't going to date any boys any time soon. Maya thought it'd seem like a waste of her time. Every guy she has met was either a complete idiot or just a plain asshole. None of them were like in the movies. Which totally sucked ass. "Why are we walking around the streets again?" Maya groaned. She was tired all she wanted to do was sleep.

"Remember? We have to look for my Uncle Josh.." Riley said as she kept walking. "Isn't your uncle old enough to know his way around the streets I mean come on! Has he never been to New York before? He's probably in his thirties." Maya hated looking for people. "Actually no he's never been to New York. So give him a break." Riley looked around and saw a familiar face. It was her Uncle. Joshua Matthews. "There he is!" Riley pointed at him and smiled. "Wow.." Joshua walked up to both Riley and Maya. "Uncle Josh!" Riley went up to Josh for a hug. Riley he said as he hugged her back. Maya just stood there and looked at him.

He looked like one of those guys in the movies. She couldn't believe that this guy was Riley's uncle he looked way too young. He didn't look exactly Maya's and Riley's age maybe couple years older like 2 or 3. Before Maya could realize it she had been staring at Joshua way too long. "Is your friend okay..?" Joshua asks Riley. "Yeah she's just being weird like always." Riley giggles. "I'm sorry you're Cory's brother?" Maya asked. "Yeah that's my brother." He said looking at Maya with a big smile. Maya didn't want him to think she was checking him out or anything even though she was. "That explains a lot.." She said with a disgusting face. Obviously she didn't want to seem rude but she didn't want to seem like she was interested in him. She had to play hard to get.

"Even with your rude attitude I still think you're gorgeous." Joshua winked at Maya and Riley rolled her eyes. "Maya leave my Uncle alone maybe we should just head home Uncle Josh." Riley insisted. She didn't want her Uncle to even find Maya attractive. Mostly because she didn't want Maya to be her aunt. It would be weird and hopefully it would never happened. But Riley wasn't that worried since Maya didn't seem to look interested in him at all. "Will your friend come with us?" Joshua bit his lip. Joshua was a big flirt. But he couldn't help himself. He found Maya attractive. Sure, it was weird that she was his niece best friend but it's not like he was going to date her or do anything serious with her. at least not yet. "Uhh.. I don't think so Maya has important stuff to do.." Riley lied. "No I don't--" Maya said but got stopped by Riley. "YES YOU DO. LETS GO UNCLE JOSH." Riley grabbed his wrist and took him far away from Maya.

Under Riley's watch Maya and Joshua were never going to happen. She was going to make sure Joshua wasn't going to flirt with Maya anymore. Also, she'll make sure Maya doesn't try any moves on Joshua. It was for the best. For both of them and mostly her.

-
15+ Comments for Chapter 2?
Questions:
1. Are you enjoying the book so far?
2. Are you happy that this book came out a day earlier than it was suppose to?
3. Do you think Riley will succeed and make Maya and Joshua not happen?