Lies

Chapter 3
Maya walked into Riley's house and smiled and laid down on the couch. Joshua smirked and before Maya could notice. He blindfolded her. "What the heck..? Riley this isn't funny.." Maya groaned. Joshua smiled. He thought it was cute that Maya thought it was Riley. He held onto her waist. Maya slowly started realizing it wasn't Riley.

Joshua smiled and leaned in and kissed Maya on the lips softly. Maya slowly started kissing back. Joshua started pulling away from the kiss. "I knew you liked me blondie." He took off the blindfold and winked at her. Maya groaned and punched his arm. "I don't like you. You.. You.. BLINDFOLDED ME AND KISSED ME..!" Maya said trying to think of an excuse. "Did you not kiss me back blondie? Or was it all in my head?" He asked. "You imagined it. I would never kiss you. I would rather kiss Ranger Rick, and that shows a lot.." Maya lied. She enjoyed the kiss but she wasn't going admit to anything.

"Ranger Rick..?" He asked confused. "Yeah, uhh..." Maya thought for a second. "My boyfriend.." She fake smiled. "Y-you're taken?!" He asked. "Why do you sound so surprised? You don't think I could get a boyfriend or something?" She rolled her eyes. "I never said that, I just thought you were single." He said as he scratched the back of his head. "Boy, you were so wrong.." Maya walked away. Joshua grabbed her wrist and smiled "I would like to meet your boyfriend one day." He said politely. For some reason he didn't believe Maya that she had a boyfriend. He didn't know why something in the back of his head kept telling him that she was lying.

"Sure.. Tomorrow..?" Maya smiled. Oh boy she was in trouble. She would have to convince Lucas to be her fake boyfriend. "Yeah, at 4 pm?" He smirked. "Totally. Umm.. I better go." Maya left Riley's house. She took out her phone and texted Lucas.

Maya: I NEED YOUR HELP RANGER RICK.

Lucas: Alright what do you want miss?

Maya: be my boyfriend...

Lucas: Wow, hold up.. what..?

Maya: Be my fake boyfriend.. COME ON.

Lucas: Fine :) but you owe me a favor.

Maya: Fine Cowboy.

Maya smiled. She felt relieved that Lucas agreed to pretend to be her boyfriend. She needed to convince Joshua that she had no interest in him nor she ever will. Even if she had to lie.

-
15+ Comments for Chapter 4?
Questions :
1. Why do you think Maya keeps lying to Josh?

2. Do you think Joshua will believe Lucas and Maya are together?