CAPTAIN FLIPPIN AMERICA

WORDS could not express the rush, the exhilaration that Audrey felt as her powers came surging back into her veins. And that in itself said something for someone who seemed to have a word for every little moment in time.

Her power had always been flowing within her whilst she was under the collar's command. Her telekinesis had just been sedated under the shock collar, as if being drugged to keep her powers at bay—calm, quiet. She felt void when that device was around her neck, almost numb or as she confessed to Steve, hollow.

Now Audrey's power hummed in the air around her, sang in her ears, whistled through her body. She was drunk on her telekinesis, willingly and wholeheartedly sinking deeper into its addicting hands.

At first, so overwhelmed with the touch of her power, she stood stock still in front of Steve, who appeared to stare at her strangely. He didn't know whether she was looking at him or passed him. She couldn't quite tell herself, either. Her eyes were on him, but not staring at him. She was simply savoring every minute of every second the effective feeling her powers gave her.

Breathing out a sigh of contentedness, each corner of her mouth curled upwards, she happily flexed her hands, curling them in and out of fists at her sides. She raised them to her face, inspecting the blue of her telekinesis spread in the palm of her hands. Her eyes gazed on dreamily, as if she were under a spell—hypnotized by her own potency.

"Turn off the lights," she murmured, eyes remained locked on her hands.

"Why?" Steve asked, playing with the key in his gloved hands.

His query caused her to break away from staring at her power and flicker her gaze over to him. "Just turn off the lights and you'll see," she replied, lowering her hands back to her sides. "You trusted me enough to unlock my collar, now trust me when I say turn off the lights."

He paused, briefly contemplating the woman. She hardly fathomed what he was searching for through that long gaze of his. She nearly smiled at his fear and hesitation. She saw the look in his eyes that gave away to his doubts, and the very fact that perhaps he was questioning what he'd done.

She had to hold back a laugh. She didn't want to scare the poor puppy away, not now when she had him on a leash.

Slowly, so painstakingly slow for her, did she notice him gradually move a leg, then the other as he ambled across the room to turn the lights off. "You better not do anything reckless," he shouted to her.

"How can I when the recklessness seems to follow you and your team," she retorted.

"Ha, ha."

She smirked.

He turned the switch.

The lights were out.

Audrey was reacquainted with the darkness, and this time around she was happy to note that she embraced the stillness. The ever quiet dark abyss wasn't so threatening, that is, now that she had a light to guide herself through the chasm.

She once more lifted her hands to her face. Her eyes wandering to the flickering color of her power. "I've missed you old friend," she whispered.

The area around her was illuminated by a soft blue, casting her backside in shadow and her front lit by the color of the blue and gold flakes. The shadowy light sharpened her angular jawline and high cheekbones.

Steadily did she watch how the blue ran down her arms, hands, and under her fingernails. A simple thought connected to a sly smirk, and a misty cloud of the two colors shot out of her fingertips. The azure dominated Audrey's telekinesis over the minute pieces of gold strewn across its surface. A spark of something new ignited within her very soul at the sight of her telekinesis floating in the air around her, and a smile—a real smile—touched her mouth at the edges.