01.05 | CASEY CASDEN

•  •  •  •  •

𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘵 𝘶𝘱( 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘶𝘴 )

𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘵 𝘶𝘱
( 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘶𝘴 )

   JODI GRIMACED WHILE shoveling cereal into her mouth as Lip announced from his spot under the water heater on floor, "Oh, my god. That's, uh. . it's dead."

   "You sure?" Fiona leaned over the counter, inspecting Lip and Ian who were still sprawled out on the floor, checking the water heater.

   "Uh huh, the element's rusted out." Lip explained, slowly getting up off the floor.

   Before Jodi could realize, Debbie suddenly was standing next to her chair, clad in pyjamas and a massive grin. "Anyone wanna make some cookies with me?"

   "How much to replace it?" Fiona asked, ignoring Debbie and focussing on the first problem of the day.

   "Two bills used, four new." Lip answered, still slightly crouched by the broken heater. Fiona swore knowing they both didn't have that amount of money nor would they be able to get it within a short amount of time.

   "How about pie? I can get started on the crust." Debbie continued on. Jodi furrowed her eyebrows watching as Debbie desperately searched through the cupboards for something to bake—was she okay? Maybe an early life crisis, Jodi guessed. Are those even a thing?

   "Go take your shower." Fiona instructed as Debbie continued searching though the cupboards.

   "I. Wanna. Make. Pie." Debbie emphasized.  Jodi furrowed her eyebrows; why was Debbie so angry about not being able to make pie at seven in the morning?

   "Uh, you know what?" Lip pointed to the counter as he wiped his hands with a rag, "Hand me the Obits. Maybe we can scavenge a dead person's water heater."  Jodi passed him the newspaper getting a thanks in return from her brother. "Oh, Mrs. Dombrowski!"

   "Oh, the uh, shaky-neck lady? I thought she drowned a couple years ago?" Ian questioned, munching on Jodi's unfinished cereal that she had abandoned almost as quickly as her stomach pain began.

   "No," Jodi shook her head.

   "Mrs. Goga had the shaky neck and drowned in her own vomit last Easter." Debbie corrected, setting the ingredients for pie on the counter.

   Fiona quickly realized what her littlest sister was doing. "No pie! Get in the shower, i'm not sayin' it again." She scolded, collecting all the ingredients to stuff them back into the cupboards. "Carl, no." Fiona took the pot of coffee from the little boy—even Jodi was scolded if she attempted to drink coffee (not that she tried to anymore anyways; she claimed it tasted like shit) and she was almost fourteen. "I went to school with Kenny Dombrownski—think he had a crush on me."