Chapter 11

Jennie woke up early the next morning, dropping a kiss on the top Lisa's head, before rolling out of bed and padding over to the bathroom to shower. The hot water relaxed her, and she could've stayed under it forever, but the sound of the shower door opening startled her out of her numb position under the shower head. She looked over her shoulder, taking in the sight of Lisa, who was bleary eyed and looking a bit grumpy as she pulled off her pyjamas and climbed into the shower. With a small smile, Jennie reached out to cup her face, running a thumb over her cheekbone as she watched Lisa blink away sleep.

"Morning," Lisa mumbled after a few moments, splashing some hot water onto her face.

"You should've stayed in bed longer," Jennie said, picking up the shower gel and squeezing some into her hands. Lisa made a noncommittal mumbling noise as Jennie began to wash her back for her, and they were both silent for the rest of the shower.

Dressed in warm, casual clothes, they both went downstairs, Jennie flipping lights as they went, while Lisa made a beeline for the kitchen - more specifically, the coffee. A squeaking sound caught their attention, and the clicking sound of nails on the floor announced the presence of Orsa, and Jennie smiled as she breezed past Lisa and turned the coffee machine on, watching as her wife fussed with the puppy. By the time they had two cups of coffee set down before each of them, the sky was starting to lighten outside, and they could see the snow coming down.

"Mm, I might take the girls to school today," Lisa murmured, "not that I don't trust Seolhyun, but it's going to be a bit icy."

"That would make me feel better too. I should check on the horses too," Jennie said around the rim of her cup, taking a sip and letting the warmth of the cup seep into her hands.

Lisa gave her a small smile, reaching across the table with her hand outstretched for Jennie's, which was readily put into the waiting hand. "Are you sure you wouldn't rather me stay home today?" Lisa quietly asked.

Laughing, Jennie gave her hand a quick squeeze, "first of all, my mom's a workaholic and will hardly be able to relax with you at the office, so imagine what she'd be like if you were both home. I think I'll be fine though, love. It's not like we're going to be at each other's throats - she'll probably just stay in bed. I'll have the house perfectly clean by the time you get home."

"You need to relax as well," Lisa sternly told her, "it's almost Christmas and you've got a lot on your plate."

"Don't worry, the Christmas gala's coming up, and I fully intend on getting drunk enough to ruin at least four business deals," Jennie said, giving Lisa a smile, and rolling her eyes when she saw her wife's narrowed eyes and thin lips. "That was a joke. My party girl days are far behind me. I promise I won't do any work today – not a single piece of paperwork or anything."

Smiling, Lisa tilted her head to the side as she gazed lovingly at Jennie, "good. Just... spend some time with your mom."

"You sound worried," Jennie weakly joked, a wry smile on her lips as she raised her cup of coffee and took a small sip.

Rolling her eyes, Lisa drained her own cup and climbed to her feet. Rounding the table, she stopped to drop a kiss onto the top of Jennie's head, "what I'm worried about is that you both work far too much, and you're going to waste your opportunity to bond while you're both off over the holidays."

Jennie let out a quiet laugh, draining her cup and holding it out to Lisa when she held out a hand for it, "what would you like me to do, paint her nails? Do her makeup?"