TEN

I loved you when I wasn't even sure of myself.

~ Kindred Spirits 1:4

SHANTAÈ :

Today was just shit.

I sighed again and I tried to ignore the burn in my chest as my phone went off for about the eleventh time that morning.

I pulled my blanket closer to me and really just deeped my life.

It was sad.

Just as I was getting closer to Messiah, forgetting about him, he wanted to make his appearance again. He was always ruining things for me.

I had woken up with a bunch of messages from an unknown number, claiming they "wanted me back".

I didn't even need to crack my brain to know who it was.

Just why now?

I had gotten over it, not completely, but I had tried to and I was slowly healing.

Now he had come back to fuck up my life again.

I had no intention of going back to him but it was the fact that he had opened old wounds, things I never wanted to rehash again.

My door creaked open and my mum stuck her head around the door.

I smiled tiredly, "Hey."

"You okay?"

"Yep."

My mum sighed and entered the room, sitting on the edge of my bed.

She always knew when something was up with me, I just prayed I had this type of connection with my kids.

I looked down as tears clouded my eyes.

"No, Sola, don't cry," my mum whispered, referring to me in my Nigerian name.

I couldn't hold it. There's just something about someone telling you not to cry that makes you start bawling.

I cried into her shoulder. She knew. She had been there during my heartbreak.

I didn't know how to really express myself, but I didn't need to. I only needed to tell Messiah now. I was worried, as I didn't want him to think I was tied down.

I was ready to give Messiah my all. I needed to pull myself together and forget about this guy.

But it wasn't easy.

He had tricked me into believing he was really down for me.

I had loved you effortlessly, I loved you when I wasn't even sure of myself.

Here's a small chapter for you barbies, looks like we're finally getting deep into the story.

I wonder who this guy is that's broken Shantaè.

I hope you guys enjoyed this Chapter.

Thank you for reading xx

(ps, who else's school has closed cus of corona🤣)

~ Majesty x