New Start

*phone rings x3*(Answering machine picks up) **Hello Miss (Y/L/N), This is Officer Jones with the Nova Scotia police department.. I am calling on behalf of an accident that happend at 12pm on Tuesday that involved a Mr.(L/N)..Please call us as soon as possible**

That message is constanly playing in my head over and over no matter how hard I try to forget.. I try my best to push that terrible memory out of my head as I drive to my new home. It's been 3 years since I lost my grandfather and I should be over it, but it's always hard when it's someone your truly love.. I pop back to reality when I hear my GPS telling me "In 2.3 miles take a left". I sigh.

Ever since my grandfather passed I have wanted to get out of the city, but to no avail until now. I saw an ad in the news paper that Sunnyvale Trailer Park had a 2 bedroom, 1 bath trailer available, so I called a Ms. Barb Lahey who was more than delighted to have me move in. "Come by at 12pm! I will show you to your new trailer and have your sign the lease" Barb sang through the phone. "1.2 miles turn left" I sighed as I looked over at my clock. "Running late as usual" I grunted to myself.. I turned into Sunnyvale Trailer Park at 12:30 pm.

I put on my best fake smile and stepped out of my car. "Hello! You must be Ms. Lahey??" I said reaching my hand out for her to shake. "Oh, just call me Barb honey" She beamed. "So here she is" Barb said pointing to the light green trailer. It actually was a very nice trailer. Whoever lived here before put alot of time into it. Light green outside, wood panels bordered the windows, a wonderfully made porch and a couple of tiny flower beds in the front. " I love it." I smiled sincerely. Barb walked me inside showing me the bedrooms and kitchen ect. The walls where a very light blue, while the bedrooms were a light green like the outside.

Not wanting to take up anymore of this woman's time I asked where I should sign. She gladly handed me the papers. I did a quick check through them all and handed them back. No more than the papers hit her hand a small knock sounded on the door. Barb pulled the door open showing two men. One was older, skinny, and from what I could tell was drunk. The other was shirtless for some reason, chunky, and seemed friendly. "Jim? Randy? What are you doing here?" Barb said with slight annoyance in her voice. "Oh we saw the car out front and thought we'd come introduce ourselves!" Randy said proudly. I smiled the best I could and waved slightly. "Hello I'm (Y/N)(L/N). "Well it's ni-" Randy was cut off by a drunk Mr.Lahey.. "We aren't gonna waste your time Miss (L/N) but whatever you need give us a call" He said slightly stumbling forward then back.

"Will do.." I rolled my eyes knowing I can handle anything myself. (Yeah your kinda cocky but you were okay with it) I smiled at Barb thanking her for this opportunity and in a nice way shooed her out the door with the other men. "This is definitely different than what I'm use to" You sigh as you drag you fingers over the painted wall... **Hey Poppy!! What's your favorite color!** "Blue, because it makes me think of you" I say softly to myself... I could feel my eyes welling up with tears. I quickly snapped back to earth as I heard my phone ring. "Probably the movers" I say "Hello,Miss (L/N) I am just giving you a call to let you know delivery will be at 4pm today " The man on the other line told me. I laughed. "Well I'll be here waiting. Thank you guys so much." I smiled knowing I finally made it out of the city and that this wasn't a dream.

I put my phone into my back pocket and went to my car to start unloading the smaller boxes. I had a couple of boxes left at this point, happily humming some Frank Sinatra to myself till the peacefulness was ruined by the screech of tires and three guys yelling as they pulled into the trailer next to me. "Wow, what assholes..." I say to myself as I try to mind my own business. I do my best to not draw attention to myself, but I failed. "Hey you!"