spend the night

summary: you ask peter if you can stay the night and he gets all lovey-dovey, y'all aren't dating in this (yet)
warnings: fluff, cheeky peter?? occasionally.

"damn it."

peter suddenly looked up at you while you two were sitting on the couch watching Back to the Future.

"what's wrong?"

"my parents are having their friends over for game night tonight. which means they are gonna be loud."

"yikes," peter replied, debating on whether or not he should ask you to stay over.

"yeah," you paused, looking at him, "can i uh- can i stay over?"

"oh my god, yeah! i mean- sure of course."

"cool," you smiled.

"may will be fine with it," peter turned around to talk to may who was in the kitchen, "may can y/n stay over?"

"of course!"

"see," peter said.

you pushed him gently on the shoulder.

————————

you yawned realllly loud after the movie was over which caused peter to perk up next to you, who was also half asleep on your lap.

"sorry!"

you rubbed your eyes, "it's fine, i'm ready for bed though, i'm so exhausted."

"yeah, sure let's go to...my room."

you had slept over peter's a few times in your life. you've been friends since 3rd grade and your parents were fine with sleepovers. though now being juniors, sleepovers were less frequent. this was the first one in awhile. but peter remembered how nervous you get at night. how you always needed someone next to you or a stuffed animal. and a piece of him hoped that he would just get to hug you to sleep tonight.

peter hopped off the couch, pulling you up by your arm and dragging you to his room.

you stood there for a second, uncomfortable in your jeans and button up shirt, before you spoke up.

"hey, can i borrow some clothes?"

peter's face flushed. this was new.

"y-yeah. one sec."

he grabbed a star wars t shirt and some grey sweatpants for you to change into and handed them to you. you stood there staring at each other.

"i'm just gonna go, you know," you said pouting out into the hallway where the bathroom was.

"oh right yeah go ahead."

you walked out of the room to go change and peter waved his hands in the air in a frustrated manner. then he changed into his coziest plaid pyjama pants and a plain white tee.

he was stack some more pillows on the bottom bunk for you, how he knew you liked it, when you walked in, placing your clothes down on top of his dresser. peter turned around and saw you: baggy grey sweats hanging from your hips and his favourite star wars shirt on top of that. and his jaw dropped, looking you up and down, not even trying to hide it.

you took notice of this obviously, "what? what's wrong?"

peter jumped back into reality, "oh uh nothing. no, like...it's just...i cant believe your actually wearing my clothes right now."

"oh," you chuckled. and now it was your turn to blush, "thanks."

"sorry...i didn't mean to be weird."

"no! stop, it's okay. you're cute, parker."

he loved when you called him parker.

you climbed into peter's bottom bunk and got comfy, loving the extra pillows you know he put out for you. you expected peter to just sleep on the top bunk but instead his set up a blanket and pillow on the ground beside you.

"what are you doing?" you asked, rolling over to look at him.

"oh uh..." he just wanted to be closer to you, "i fell off the top last night so..." he shrugged his shoulders.

he laid down to get comfy and you kept watching him, wanting to say the words but they weren't coming out.

he was in place, arms lounging behind his head as he turned to look at you. that white t-shirt was so defined on him, and his curls were a little messy from laying on your lap earlier. he smiled at you once he realized you were both looking at each other.

"can you lay with me...please?"

peter's smile faded, "yeah, of course."

he got up and you scored over to make room for him on the twin bed. he got settled and you immediately grabbed his hand, tracing over his veins and rough knuckles.

"you okay y/n?"

" 'm just nervous, ya know?"

"mhm, it's okay, i'm here."

he let you play with his hand and sighed, it felt nice and comforting to him too.

"night parker," you said, leaning your head into his chest, feeling his heart beat.

"night y/n," he whispered.

after a few minutes he started stroking your hair causing you to fall asleep quickly. he kissed the top of your head whilst holding you so, so close.

"love you," he whispered, befitting joining you in sleep.

hi sorry this was so short, someone requested a similar imagine as my last but with them as friends. so it's a lil different ig.

anyways i have so much free time due to being in quarantine so if you have any requests i'll gladly write them!

juli <3