the morning

summary: you're a fellow hero in queens, who peter has become overly entranced with. both of you are 18.

warnings: this is overall pretty spicy lol it's the weeknd what did u expect the song is a vibe, this ain't exactly based off the song it's just a vibe like i said okay

every night of your life started the same. right as the new york sun went down, you were out the window of your solo owned apartment, ready to make sure no one was being caused any sort of harm. when you were 13, tony stark had took you in and trained you intensely. you got caught up in some nasty mess with tony's enemies who had altered your physical state, but tony saved you. you became unbelievably strong, and adopted intense flexibility. like elastigirl for god sakes. when you were 15 however, you left, to fend for yourself and live with your drunken mother who didn't seem to even notice your almost two year absence. she paid no mind to you, but you didn't want to be an avenger. you didn't want that attention on you and the government on your ass constantly. so yeah, you left. but hey, tony had respected your decision, though he wasn't for it completely. but he provided you with a suit and gear to be safe. he was always open for you to come back, but years had passed and you never did. as soon as you turned 18 you moved into your own place, living solo. you preferred to work alone.

and then the spider-man appeared.

you first ran into him when you were 16, sharing but a simple wave and ignoring each other for a long while. he worked with tony most of the time, which let you to take the safety of the city in your own hands. but apparently he had the same idea when he started patrolling around just as you did. you've spoken to him often, he mentioned how he wanted more independence away from the avengers, which you respected, but didn't necessarily enjoy having to share a city. that may have seemed selfish of you, it's safety and protecting innocent lives, but you wanted it to be your job. the avengers could do big picture stuff and in your eyes, spider-man was still an avenger.

the boy also followed you around a lot, he obviously wanted to make conversation with you. you learned you were the same age and all about each of your origin stories. he also learned you had an extremely flirty composure. you didn't have a love life or anything of the sort so you enjoyed flirtation with the boy. you could tell he liked it too. you joked around with him and became more accepting of 'sharing the job' with him. he was actually pretty cool, and you wondered who was really under that mask sometimes. and unbeknownst to you, he wondered the same thing.

sometimes the boy would sit back and watch you go on and save the day, just curious of your confusing, physically defying powers and how you moved. occasionally you would work together if something had shown the need for two heroes, but other than that, it was fairly independent work. and tonight was no different. you headed to a special rooftop that you and spider-man had decided would be your meet up spot. this was all his idea by the way, he insisted you two check in every night. if you really didn't want to do that or even see him, you wouldn't go. nevertheless, you showed up every night at that special spot. he was always there first, there to see you stretch out and land gracefully right next to him.

tonight you landed on the rooftop, smiling at him, you had a black mask that only covered your eyes, and an all black leather protective suit equipped with gear. you reached out your fingerless gloved hand to his and did your quick little handshake you made up one late, lazy night together. it was a ritual.

"hey spidey," you said, initiating the handshake.

"hey stretchy."

"c'mon man, you know that's not my name," you laughed. to be fair, you didn't have an actual superhero name like spider-man. the news often referred to you as the stretchy girl, much to your dismay. you hated it. but you had no idea what on earth to call yourself, plus you didn't need that extra attention.