break ups and make ups

summary: you and peter break up after a falling out about his safety, but you can't stand being apart. crazy shit happens at a party and then crazy shit happens at home leaving you ending up at peter's apartment

warnings: angst & fluff, break ups, 2.3k words

peter was never safe as spider-man, but that's something you failed to realize. he was a hero, so people were always after him no matter what. it wasn't in his control either. but you didn't understand, which is why the two of you got in a huge argument one night after he showed up at your apartment window all bloody and battered. long story short, you told him you couldn't bear to see him like this anymore to which he said it was all out of his control and he was trying his best to be safe. you didn't want to lose him, so you figured it would be best if you both parted ways. there's no doubt you were still in love, it was just a matter of safety according to you. but he would still be getting hurt, and now you wouldn't be there.

"y/n! let's go to a party tonight and get wasted! i will also be bringing fresh bread."

"what? mj no," you scoffed at your friend who was trying to cheer you up a week after your breakup.

"dude, you gotta get out of this shit hole, and that's coming from me," she said pointing to herself. (ps i had a dream the other night i was best friends with zendaya and what the fuck i want that so bad)

"is he gonna be there?"

"peter?" she scoffed, laying back on your bed, "that bastard doesn't go anywhere! c'mon just me and you, some drinks, some toast, it'll be great."

"ok fine! but i'm not drinking. toast and you will do."

"thatta girl, let's go!"

so you and mj went on your way to liz's house in the suburbs for a typical high school house party. not your forte but hey mj made it a blast. you two walked in and immediately saw flash at the dj stand being obnoxious. "hey y/n! what goes on?"

you just ignored flash and walked to the kitchen and found liz, said hey and she told you to enjoy the party. mj immediately plugged in the toaster and pulled out two pieces from her fresh loaf she brought.

"i don't get whats with you and toast."

"it's a delightful snack y/n get with it."

you just shook your head at her laughing, while grabbing a water bottle and took a sip. you watched her perfectly prepare the toast and handed one slice to you. and just as you were about to savor the wonderful snack that mj always made perfectly you heard a loud yell from flash.

"penis parker!"

you peeked around the kitchen and saw peter and ned then quickly pulled mj into a corner. "you said he wasn't gonna be here!"

"oh he's here?"

"yes!"

"well i didn't think he would come! you of all people know how he is. do you want me to yell at him and tell him to scram for you? cuz i will."

"what? no! this was a civil breakup and i still very much love him, we don't need yelling!"

mj almost choked on her toast, "wait you still love him?"

"yeah...we broke up because...it doesn't matter! just be cool!"

"alright whatever you say."

peter and ned were walking on over to the kitchen when they spotted you.