Author's note💌

Awesome cover by -syrevnn!!!*

*

Hi, guys!

So, I've had this book in my head for a while now and it took a nationwide lockdown, indefinite academic strike and a lot of persuasion from loved ones to get this story out and give life to the characters in my head so I hope you learn to love them too and respect their journey and choices.✨

A few things to get out of the way...

(1) First and foremost, this book is very metaphorical. That means, theres going to be a whole lot of comparison to galaxies being born and oceans and universes and stuff like that, 'cause, I dunno, it just seems more magical to me.

(2) Most of the names, terms and places here are Nigerian, but I made it very easy to understand to non Nigerian readers too.

I always decided my first book here would be set in Nigeria. I tweaked things a bit and created a more international Nigeria with subways, more chainstores, better roads, ethnic tolerance and stuff like that. There's still elements of the real Nigeria you'll see later on in the book, like the marginalization of the east, and the stack difference between the rich and the poor here, struggles of lower middle class families who can't afford Starbucks and Coldstone whenever they want, families that get it bad when recession hits the country.

So I created a fantasy Nigeria and incorporated the good and the bad so that it fits the story, so don't go about dropping comments like, 'but Lagos doesn't have a subway.' Or, 'I don't see this much foreign people in the country' Or anything suggesting ethnic discrimination.

Oh! And like i said before: If you're not Nigerian, you can still read the book. You won't regret it❤

(3)My characters are my babies. They're going to be wrong and stupid and insensitive, but don't judge me or think you know me based on things they say or how they act. My characters are not me.

(4) Grammatical and spelling corrections are welcome. Constructive criticism too!

(5) Please, please, please, for the love of God, don't be a ghost reader. Ps- ghost readers are those who save the book to their library and read without voting or commenting or feedback or adding to their reading list or NOTHING! Literally NO ONE knows you're reading it, except you and you keep reading and enjoying the book and doing nothing to motivate the author.

FYI, as authors, especially undiscovered ones like me, we NEED those votes. We love those comments! We crave those heartfelt messages in our DM or message board, telling us how much you love the book. Go batshit cray cray on our asses and fangirl the book. That shit is nectar to us. Literally makes my day a little brighter.

If you like the book and you're gonna keep reading it, at least, leave votes, because this helps the book rise in the ranks. Comments do that too, but it's so much work for some ppl. If you can't vote for whatever reason, you can leave me a private or public message, letting me know you like it. Let me know people actually love this creation I'm breathing life into.

Don't spare me.  Votes, comments, feedbacks and allat are highly highly appreciated.

(6) No hate. Please. Just don't. Some trolls may want to spout how they have the freedom to say or do whatever they want, just so they can spread negative vibes and hate. The moment you decided to read my book, you decided to be in my space. My space, my rules. I won't condone any hate, discriminatory, racial slur or troll-y comment.

There.

And oh my god! For the nice ones who give me honest feedback and loads of encouragement, and share and vote, I'm virtually hugging you right now. Can you feel it?

(7) The book is a whole-ass series on its own, starring Kam, an optimistic boy, and Asa, a cynical girl. There will be three parts of the Golden Series:

*When Golden Souls Collide

* Nothing Gold Can Stay

* All That Is Gold.

(8) Follow my ig and twitter for sneak peeks and aesthetic shiii. Link in bio.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

Dedication

To louie609 and Benny-D my best friends in the world.

To Chigozie and Nkie, my biggest cheerleaders. To mum, uncle Uche and Emma, who'd read my horrible drafts, point out mistakes and encourage me.

To all those who are 'nice', with soft souls and big hearts. Don't change. This world doesn't have enough of you.

To all the confused teenagers, young adults and pretty much all those experiencing existential crises who don't even know their purpose in life. Breathe. Be calm. Trust God and his ability to make things right.

To all the dreamers and optimists, not yet poisoned by reality. Keep dreaming. Keep hoping. May life bend to your will.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

🅰︎︎🅻︎🅻︎  🅸︎🅼︎🅰︎🅶︎🅴︎🆂︎  🆄︎🆂︎🅴︎🅳︎ 🅸︎🅽︎  🆃︎🅷︎🅸︎🆂︎  🆂︎🆃︎🅾︎🆁︎🆈︎ 🅱︎🅴︎🅻︎🅾︎🅽︎🅶︎  🆂︎🅾︎🅻︎🅴︎🅻︎🆈︎  🆃︎🅾︎ 🆃︎🅷︎🅴︎  🅾︎🆁︎🅸︎🅶︎🅸︎🅽︎🅰︎🅻︎ 🅾︎🆆︎🅽︎🅴︎🆁︎🆂︎. 🅸︎  🆃︎🅰︎🅺︎🅴︎  🅽︎🅾︎ 🅲︎🆁︎🅴︎🅳︎🅸︎🆃︎  🅵︎🅾︎🆁︎  🆃︎🅷︎🅴︎🅼︎.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

When Golden Souls Collide.
Copyright© April 2020
All Rights Reserved.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

This is a work of fiction. Any resemblances to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales is purely coincidental.
⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

Seek my permission before using any part, fictional destination or character of my book and make sure you credit me in your books. It's protocol, kids. Failure to do so is plagiarism and stealing even if you have the purest intentions.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

Warning

Contains brief discussions on topics like suicide and depression and slight indications of emotional and physical abuse.

These topics are going to be brief and really lighthearted but Don't read if you're not cool with this.

Remain Golden
👑💰