23: Soirée🍸

mєdíα : 'í ѕurrєndєr' вч mr єαzí ft ѕímí

Kam

━━━━━━━━༺۵━━━━━━━
"At least, I had the courage to lose myself completely in something I truly wanted."

-Faraway

━━━━━━━━༺۵━━━━━━━

"What?" Asa breathed, her eyes bulging out of her sockets.

I sighed, repeating to her for the third time. "My mum is organizing a fundraiser at our place tomorrow and she wants you to come. I think she just wants to see you. She thinks you're a positive influence on her 'foolish son.' "

"She's right. You are foolish." Asa laughed.

She laughed more these days. She was glowing. She was beautiful.

I wanted to remain in her light, enraptured in her presence.

I had found her by herself in the library at her usual seat. I was getting used to her routines and schedules. After school everyday, she liked to stay behind to read for four more hours. She'd finish reading at exactly seven o'clock and take the subway back home because it was the fastest, less dangerous route to the mainland.

And I knew all this because for the past two weeks, I stuck to her like gumbody. She could read for hours and hours about anything and everything. No wonder she had a big forehead.

Einstein. I smiled to myself.

"Why're you smiling now?" She snorted, "I swear, you're weird sometimes. I wonder why I keep you around."

"Because you love me," I quipped, pretending I didn't notice her sharp intake of breath.

"Don't fight it, Asa," I told her once. "And don't force it either."

"So, are you coming?"

She tilted her head to think for a while. "Sure," she said. "Yeah, I'll come."

"Great! It's an evening soiree, so wear something fancy. I'm coming to pick you up at exactly seven o'clock, tomorrow."

"You don't have to pick me up," she said.

"I want to."

"I don't want you to."

"Asa, stop struggling!"